Nuki opener with Aiphone GT-1D

Has anyone had any success? Make sure everyone has submitted a request for them to make it work with the GT-1D!

Still not working but there is a light in the end of the tunnel. The GT-1D has an auto opening mode which can be enabled/disabled using the Bell button (middle one above the opening button). When this mode is enabled, the door will open once the someone rings the door. In order to unlock this mode, the jumper in JP4 has to be cut (this works as I have tested it and nearly destroyed the GT-1D in the process so think well if you really want to do this). When the auto mode is on by pressing the “bell” button on GT-1D, IF GT-1D IS NOT SILENCE MODE, the LED will blink (if the silence mode is on, the LED will always blink regardless of the auto mode status). Aiphone calls this auto mode Doctor Call.

How is this useful you may ask? Yannick seems to have been able to use Nuki to get the signals from the door bell. I think this should be easy as the GT-1D has many ways to do this. There is a 8 pin connector which includes a buzzer signal output which should be able to be used with Nuki. Also, when in this mode I think the handset doesn’t have to be hold in order for the unlocking button to work which means that in theory one can connect Nuki to the terminals of the button making it work as an analogue system but I still need to check this better.

A clunkier way to open the door without messing with the PCB: I was thinking of using a SwitchBot to achieve this. Basically the first time the user rings the bell, Nuki registers this event and you are notified in your phone. Then you can add an automation that would ask SwitchBot to press the “bell” button on the GT-1D to activate the auto opening mode. Finally, when the user presses the ring again, the door will open.

P.S. I hate the Aiphone GT system.

1 Like

Can you tell us how you were able to get Nuki to register the doorbell? I tried Generic BUS mode with no success at all

@Nuki_Dev1 my complex is looking to install a system like the opener (currently all use the GT-1D). More than 200 apartments. Can you advise if progress is likely?

Hi,
Thanks for your explication.
Can you explain or show what is the jumper in JP4 we have to cut ?
Thanks

Still no news on this? Also looking to upgrade the apt complex, and using aiphone gt-1d

Hi,

Any news about the GT-1D and Nuki ?

Thank you !
Angelo

Just to add on this as it is a high enough result when trying to solve automating AIPhone systems:

I’ve recently been going down the rabbit-hole of automating my GT-1A slightly different to the 1D - ive even spoken to aiphone about the doctor call hoping to enable and disable it via a wifi enabled relay.

There has been talk in other forums that the building needs to be setup for doctor call but that is untrue, it’s entirely handled on the tenant station.

I was able to enable my doctor call but it requires both methods mentioned in the manual:

1. shorting the bottom pins on the options connector,
  2. pressing the bell button and the talk button at the same time.

releasing the short does not disable the mode, you must short and press the two buttons again to disable. The tenant station still rings in doctor mode - supposedly it can be answered but I haven’t tested.

So like @abcpt said you’d still need to wire to the button for 1D and both bell and talk button for 1A otherwise you’ve got an insecure system buzzing anyone up that dials your station.

Any update on this
?
Has anyone managed to activate the “Doctor” mode on the GT-1D, as described by @brozef ?
Or maybe managed to make it work with the door opener 
?

thanks !