Nuki Opener: open multiple doors

this feature would be really great!!

In our apartment building there are three separate entrances. Each of them is equipped with a bell. I’d like to be able to open/ring to open all entrances separately. This is possible today by adding three Openers next to my intercom. But this should also be possible with one Opener that’s capable to send three different door opening commands to the BUS

Do you Have a Photo or Diagramm , how you connected the Wires?
Seems we have a very similar System, but even after ( at least ) 7 config. im still not able to open the Door.
At the Second I unplug my Cable at L , everything goes wrong :-/

How come this is not a feature already?
Is just sending two string of code instead one on the bus.
Record two opener string and save them. What it is? 3kb of data?

2 Likes

Ouch - I just ordered the Nuki Apartment package, not realizing that this situation isn’t supported. I have a Fermax 101CI15B, which is in the list of supported devices, and is just a simple analog system which can open either door depending on which one buzzed (street or building door). As far as I know, this is very common in Vienna, and without this function, it makes the whole thing very limited for me. I may have to end up returning the whole package.

@Juergen Wouldn’t it make sense to mention this unsupported case in the compatibility check that I especially went through to check?

There are many different methods how intercoms deal with multiple doors. Some methods do work with the Opener, therefore you better give it a go, try it and return it if it does not work.

1 Like

So I hooked it up today - it only works with one door. It seems to act as if the second doesn’t exist. I will experiment a bit more tomorrow, but I really hope this feature can get added at some point.

Just tested a bit more, and it actually works for both doors. Just used the default wiring, and if I ring at either door, I get a notification in the app, and I can tap open to open the door which I’m at. Works great!

That’s true, if you have multiple dry contacts. But if you are on a communication bus the cabling is the same.
At least you could provide the API to let Domotics freaks like me take care of the configuration.
We don’t need no gui!
dozens_of_us_arrested_development

1 Like

Me waiting for Nuki team to take a step in customer’s direction.
wallpapersden.com_keanu-reeves-sad-images_wxl

2 Likes

Was this for a bus or analog wiring?

Periodic Ping

Hy Developers
I have almost the same problem, by ringing at the Gate, my opener opens the gate but not the Bulding door.
To the convenience of my Costumers, we have a nuki smart lock 3.0 at the Building entrance.
Unfortunatly the opener cannot be configured to close his internal relais and, at the same time, send a Opening signal to the SmartLock.
We are now destroying a Fob witch we conect to our Smarthome (KNX) witch now handels the Gate and the Building Door. Not realy a great solution, but Nuki isn’t reali up to the task, regardless the first requests were made back in 2019. if anybondy needs a Picture how i modyfied the Fob, let me know

1 Like

My guest when they try to enter my place and I’m forced to open the second dorr manually

1 Like

Any updates?
I bought the Nuki Opener since the website indicated it was compatible with my intercom (Urmet 1172-55 Signo), but now I find myself in a situation where one door opens but the other one doesn’t.

What should I do? The website doesn’t provide any indication that it’s not compatible with multiple entrances, and the support team was only able to tell me that they are aware of this issue and apologize for the inconvenience.

The most annoying thing is that there is even this forum where programmers can understand the real issues with the products, but then they don’t care.

It’s 2024 now, can we get an update on this? It should not be too complicated to make this work, I think I have a pretty good idea being a software developer myself.

Just give us a setting “open on any ring signal” or something similar. That would mean that it acitvates the buzzer also for the apartment door, but I think that would be a great workaround.