Nuki Opener does not open door (BTS-850-02)

My current setup is “Generic and Bus (Siedle)”
The setup process (wiring) was the same as when I choose Siedle and AIB 150 but maybe the communication is different…

And your nello wiring was like this?

Tried Generic/Siedle Bus (Beta), too. No success.

It is the same wiring like Nello. From Nelo there were also only two cable, one connected to Ta, the othe to Tb.

Don’t know what is wrong there. The app recognizes each ringing, but the app is not opening the door.

You are using the beta firmware? I am still with 1.1.10

Yeah, I got Beta 1.1.2. As I don’t have a glue how to downgrade I have sent the logs to Nuki.
Don’t know what else to do. With the wire-end ferrules it can be a cable contact issue any more (and the app would not recognize the door bells).

When you do a factory reset the opener automatically loads the beta?

The beta is a firmware. Fix installed on the chip. With a factory reset you can get back to the „shipping“ firmware. Only possible with a downgrade… maybe @Juergen can assign me the 1.1.10 back.

You can not downgrade. But this won’t make a difference either. From 1.1.10 to 1.2.0 Beta only a few defaults have been changed (e.g. doorbell suppression is deactivated per default).

Installing the Opener with Basic Setup worked for my Siedle AIB-150-01 as well.

Leave the Intercom connected as original and add the red Nuki wire to Ta and the black Nuki wire to Tb.

Update: Seems like the ring to open functionality just worked during the setup process. Only triggering the opener directly via the app is currently working… @lofy is it working in your case?

As i‘m currently at home I cannot trigger ring to open via geofence but I just activated ring to open manually via the app and it worked.

I haven’t yet tried the full automatic workflow including ring to open triggered via geofence and then ringing my bell yet. I‘ll do that the next couple of days when I’m leaving my geofence next :slight_smile:
I just came home and my app sent me the push notification that the opener is now in ring to open mode, unfortunately my wife manually triggered the buzzer via the app before i could ring my bell to test the full automatic workflow.

Will send an update once tested.

Hi Everyone.
I managed to get mine working eventually. I disconnected my opener and did a factory reset. Deleted it from my App. I then wired it exactly as instructed and went through the configuration. This time I saw the option in the App to enable Ring to open and it works.

I checked with my Multimeter and the two black wires are in fact the Bus+ and the red wire in Tb is the Bus-

2 Likes

Just received my opener, and I have the same problem as Matthias. Am on 1.2.7. Have not yet tried exchanging batteries, hard reset og the generic setup suggested by @StefanE.

My plan is to do the whole setup process with 1.2.7 again next week.

Anyway, I find it very disappointing, that the Nuki-Team is not giving us any information about their plan how they will fix these things or what they are currently doing. Bought the opener for 100 EUR and cant use it like promised.

Hi Stefan,
we adjusted the timings for Siedle In-Home Bus systems in order to make it more reliable. Please give us feedback on the setup process with 1.2.7.
Thank you
Best regards
Georg

For BTS850-02 you should set the door opening delay to 3 seconds. Otherwise and RTO will not work, at least for mine.

The setup process with 1.2.7 was successful. Ring to open seems to work (just testet it two times) but the ring suppression not. Anyone else who has problems with siedle bus and ring suppression?

Yes, suppression does not work for me either.

You can try to increase doorbell suppression duration. It is a hidden feature: Go to the settings of your opener, click on doorbell suppression and either click on the text below the headline (Android) or the headline (iOS) for 7 times. A popup will be shown, where you can enter a doorbell suppression duration in ms. A good starting point would be 3000ms. If this solves the problem, try to further decrease this value, if not, try to increase the value.

@Georg_S Thx for your support. I changed the doorbell suppression duration parameter to 3000ms and now it seems to work but I can still hear the beginning of the doorbell melody. I guess this cant be fixed by increasing the doorbell suppression duration because this is related to the reaction time of the opener, right?

Why is it preferable to decrease the value to a minimum? Power consumption?

ad 1: The cause for this lies in the capacities of your intercom system. At the moment, we do not offer a solution for that.
ad 2: in order to keep the delay for door-opening low