Nuki is no longer opened via the Apple Watch

Hello together!

I have had the Nuki Lock for a long time. The last changes to new generations of iPhone and Apple Watch were without problems - I could always open the lock via the Apple Watch. Now I have updated to the Apple Watch 7 and the new iPhone 13 and it no longer works as desired:

I can still open the lock via the app as before.

Via the complication on the Apple Watch I get the status displayed, but I can not unlock. After a click nothing happens! Now it gets weird: I can open via the Apple Watch IF the Nuki app is open on the iPhone at the same time.

What I have already done:

Re-set up Nuki lock.

Removed app from both the Watch and iPhone, then rebooted as recommended a few times here. Unfortunately, nothing helps.

Do you have any other ideas?

Thank you very much and best regards!

Is in your iOS settings > Nuki back ground refresh (“Hintergrundaktualisierung”) enabled for the Nuki App?
Does the Nuki App have Location access to always (“Standort > immer”)?

Both: Yes.

I have the same problem. Since Apple Watch 7 installed no Nuki Action via Watch possible…

One year later, was there a solution? I now have this problem with a new AW Series 8…

There is no general problem with the Nuki App. It works for Carsten any many other users without problems.

Therefore please contact our support via the Nuki App (Menu > Help > Contact Customer Support) as this is an individual problem and might require sharing logs and other sensitive data.

Got it, thanks!