Nuki "Incorrect Password for xxx" wifi problem

Hello guys,
I’m posting here as received no reply from support…
I have a Nuki Pro 3
Firmware 3.4.10
The wifi router is 5 meters from the lock, everything is able to connect.
Nuki lock says “Incorrect Password for xxx” (xxx is network name, yes it’s 2.4) most of the time.
Every now and then Nuki is able to connect the network, but the connection will not be stable and will be lost within 1-2 days, and then again- when trying to connect it’ll say wrong password, after a few tries a day and a few days down it’ll work out.

Any help would be highly appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem whereas it used to work perfectly… it seems we need an urgent firmware upgrade :woozy_face:

This error message is also shown when the access point refuses to let the lock connect or when the connection takes too long. Some access points seem to have some sort of memory where they prevent some clients from connecting. This might also happen when you make too many connection retries.

If the connection works once, the Smart Lock stores the credentials and retries to connect on it’s own (with degrading intensity. i.e. there are longer time periods between reconnects). It is therefore better to not always remove the network and try to re-add it, but to leave the credentials stored and manipulate only the retry mechanism of the Smart Lock.

This can be done in multiple ways:

1. Connecting to the Smart Lock via BLE with the Nuki App, locking it manually by turning the wheel or with the button will reset the retry intensity and trigger an immediate reconnect.
  2. Taking out the batteries and reinserting them will trigger a reconnect, but also reset all of the involved components/electronics inside the Smart Lock.

Try 1) first. If this does not help try 2) and check if this leads immediately (~1min) to a successful reconnect.

1 Like

Worked perfectly, thanks a lot !!!

Hi
With the previous version of Nuki, with the bridge, it worked great. And now on the same wifi network (2.4Ghz) with Nuki Pro 3 (firmware 3.4.10) I have the exact problem.
I tried to create a private wifi network just for Nuki (guests network) but experienced the same behavior-Incorrect password message and unstabelity connection to the network.
When I log into NukiWeb I can see that Nuki connects to the network sometimes, but it is very unstable.

Same issue with version 3.6.9.

Frustrated!

I cant connect to wifi at all. It also tells me password is wrong which is false. I copy the password from my password vault. The same password works for multiple devices and yes I also tried with typing the password.

Hi!!
I’m having the same issue.
Nuki 3 pro worked perfectly for many months. Now, suddenly, disconnected from network and refuses to reconnect.
Absolutely maddening.
I was considering upgrading to Nuki 4, but now im reconsidering.