Nuki drops offline (Nuki Smart Lock Pro (4th Gen))

Dear Community

I am using a Nuki Smart Lock Pro (4th Gen) since about 2 month. First of all, it was disappointing to learn the “undocumented” feature of having the possibility of using MQTT solely in the local network. I have addressed this issue with Nuki already.

As an alternative, I have implemented Web API which works OK. Although, I would still like to use MQTT to ensure I can stay independent. Let’s put this aside for the moment.

I have successfully hooked up the lock to WiFi and implemented the API on the management and control website which is accessible to family members. This week, I had a building maintenance employee in front of the door and wanted to unlock the door which did not work. I realized, that the lock dropped out of WiFi and I can see the following pattern:

Unfortunately, I have no other means of accessing the locks log for the time being, not being on-site possibly for the next few weeks. The app - of course - also doesn’t work (since the Lock is not connected to the WiFi access point). However, it seems the battery state is still updated at times.

I am currently unable to lock/unlock the lock even at times of having a signal on WiFi. WiFi and Nuki-Lock are about 2 meters away, there is one concrete wall in between.

I have 3 Shellies always online without any issues further away from the access point. This makes me nailing the problem to Nuki.

Unfortunately, I don’t know and cannot figure out the current firmware installed but belive I have the latest firmware available by June 10th.

Do you have any suggestion where to check to identify the root cause?

Thank you!

Update: clarified some details and typos

I am not sure if this is related, but I have had heavy battery fluctuation (Nuki battery pack installed):

(sorry for 2nd reply, I can only post 1 picture at the time :frowning: )

This forum is focused on developer related issues and not a customer support forum.

However you might want to update to the latest firmware (just released last week) and follow this guide: Smart Lock WiFi/Thread/MQTT connection troubleshooting / FAQ

Otherwise please contact our support via the Nuki App (Menu > Help > Contact Customer Support) for more detailed information.