Nuki Door Sensor 3.0 not responding after some time

I’m using the latest Beta for the Lock and I need to reconfig the Door Sensor every 1-2 day. :frowning:

I have the same problem. I have 2 instalations, lock 3.0 and lock 3.0 Pro with door senzors. FW 3.3.5 and 1.0.17.
I can’t believe that problem still persist. It is 6 months since it was reported.

An update from my side. After updating the doorsensor to 1.1.2 in combination with the lock firmware to 3.4.3 it seems more stable. I only had a false positive on the doorsensor 1 night. It stated that the door was open while it wasn’t. After opening the door and closing it the status was ok again. Running the firmware for 9 days now.

Does anyone else has the following?
Updating the doorsensor results in an error. But after rebooting (removing and inserting the battery) the sensor has the new firmware.

I’m here again to give all the advice to check periodically the door sensor battery and not belive to what the app report. I bougth my sensor on May 2022 and today the battery voltage is 0.3V while the battery status on the app was “OK”!!

I think that during the non responding period there’s also a battery drain…

1 Like

I updated the sensor and the smart lock to latest BETA firmwares and door sensor is working great so far!

version 1.1.2 is not beta anymore…let’s see what will happen after this update.

Yes, let’s see. After repositioning the door sensor the connection worked until two days ago when I had to reinitialize it again.
I will upgrade to 1.1.2 asap to see what will happen then.

do this. i can recommend so far.

Another update, now at 80 days with a working sensor on the beta firmware. No additional issues to report, the beta seems to have fixed the sensor problem. Recalibrating my lock also fixed the jamming issue described in the 40-day report.

1 Like

After 15 days the door sensor disconnected/retired, 1.1.2 version and latest 3.4.9 for smartlock

Will try to recalibrate or reposition as some users here indicate :slight_smile:

Edit: Still need to confirm if it was a battery issue (shouldn’t as the door sensor has less than 2 months of use)

Yesterday installed the new firmware, completely removed the door sensor and disconnected it from the lock, reinstalled, calibrated and it worked.
Until now… Now I get the same message that the door sensor has been removed!
Sorry to say this but this is the worst support I have ever experienced!
I’m not sure if Nuki support is aware of this… But I paid money for this thing that you can’t get to work!
And now I’m waiting for about 8 months to be able to use the thing I paid for…
This is already more than ridiculous

After checking it, battery is ok so the bug isn’t fixed just yet…

Improved since last updates but needs more work to be done. I would blame the latest smart lock firmware update based on the WIFI issues some users are experiencing (I notice more loading time to get info from the smart lock with 3.4.9 update)

Updating tonight to 3.5.2 Beta as it improves connection issues, will report back if the sensor fails again eventually

Same problem here.
I am disappointed. This is probably last Nuki product I bought. I bought 4 smart lock (v1, v3, pro, door sensors, key pad, bridge). I don’t know what happened, but with version1 there was no issue. V3 lot of them. I have two door sensors, both useless.

Yesterday I have updated my 2 Smart Lock 3 (one Pro , one standard) to firmware 3.4.9 and Door Sensors to the last version too.

Smart Lock 3 Pro has started to disconnect from the wifi every 5 min (wpa3, 3 of 3 signal streght icon, ubiquiti ac pro, nuki is ~5 meters away from the ap without obstacles and reflective materials), I hadn’t this problem before with the previous firmware versions.

After updating also Door Sensors firmware, I have done a factory reset, changed the battery, reconnected them back to my 2 Smart Lock 3.
After calibration done, door status reports a new serious problem… when I open or close the door (waiting 1 min between an action and an other) the nuki shows repeatedly flashing 3 status changes on the led: open, close, open. The order is always the same and ends with open status even though thr door has been closed.
So the Door Sensor status is again not correctly working on either my 2 Smart Lock 3.
Sad to say but very disappointed.

Note: door sensor position is alligned correctly, on correct side, less than 1mm of distance between sensor and magnet.

No disconnects now for 3 weeks. After upgrading the door sensor firmware to V 1.1.2 I did not encounter anything in that direction, the only thing that happened was an automatic position detection that the SmartLock conducted two days ago.
So for now everything seems to be stable…

Door sensor is working fine since the latest update. No crash since about 1.5 month. Thank you…

1 Like

After another month still everything works as it is expected to. So obviously updating the door sensor firmware to V1.1.2 did the trick and solved the problem.
Will keep you informed in case any problems should arise later on.

Now at over 140 days on the beta firmware. Sensor has been rock solid, no disconnects. When will this roll from the beta firmware to production?

This Release (R1.1.2) is already in Production Channel since 18-Oct-2022, see:

Hi, I’d like to report how I “solved” the issue for me (for now at least, I hope…).

My setup:
Smart Lock 3.0 Pro, no bridge, door sensor.
Latest firmware: 3.4.10 (smart lock), 1.1.2 (door sensor). Android App version 2022.12.1.

A day after mounting my new smart lock and door sensor I had to reactivate my door sensor the first time. The next day it happened again. Now, after the third time, I found a pattern in my own behavior:

In app settings / lock permissions / user, I again and again found a suspicious looking user named something like “2176337728”. I thought I better delete it because I did not actively add it myself and who knows who I am granting access to my home with that user…

At first I did not realize that this apparently is a user created and required by the door sensor.
But apparently each time I deleted this user, my door sensor stopped working and had to be reconnected.

Now, in retrospective, it’s stupid from my side that I did not realize this after the first time already. But on the other hand, the naming is not very intuitive and it’s nowhere mentioned that the door sensor will add a user which must not be deleted (at least I did not see it).

So the solution to my problem is simple: don’t touch that numeric user :slight_smile:.

@Stefan_Reiterer It might be a good idea to name that user “Door Sensor” or similar so it’s clear where this user is coming from. And maybe make it more clear that this user should not be deleted or otherwise the door sensor will stop working. Or even better: hide this user completely in the user list? Will I ever need to change this user’s settings myself? Isn’t the user managed by the door sensor?