Nuki Door Sensor 3.0 not responding after some time

Same for me - I installed SmartLock 3.0 pro and the door sensor months ago and it all worked well until a few weeks ago I recognized that Lock‘n‘Go would wait its default time before locking the door.

Recalibration of the sensor did not solve the problem so I chose to deactivate and reactivate the sensor. This then worked well for some hours (!) only and then it all of the sudden stopped working again.

Today I repositioned sensor and magnet to exactly comply with Nuki‘s installation guidelines, I‘ll keep you updated how it is going.
LockFW: 3.3.5
SensorFW: 1.0.17

Hey guys, after having problems with my Nuki doorsensor (not responding no more) I ended up on this thread last week and decided to ask for the beta firmware. Today (week later) I got access and installed both beta’s (Lock 3.4.2, Doorsensor 1.1.1) and have the same experience as Hayden. The lock started reading the sensor again without reinstalling anything. I use HomeAssistant and see that it is stating the correct status again after a week of the same frozen status.

Will monitor this for 2 weeks and come back to you if it is still working/stable.
Maybe @hayfever can tell us if it is still stable on his side.

BTW: If you want to become beta, provide both id’s. So the Nuki lock as well as the doorsensor. Saves time :wink:

Cheers!

I am at 40 days so far with a working sensor on the beta firmware. The only problem I have had recently is a problem where the lock sporadically (3 times in the last 10 days) decides it is jammed and defective and tells me to contact Nuki support for a replacement. Locking my door manually and then unlocking it seems to fix, can’t tell if it’s firmware related, power related, or a hardware problem. Since it might be firmware related, I’m running the Nuki Power Pack which is at 76% (was 80% when I had my last error), with the current beta firmware on lock and sensor. If I run a Battery Report it says the number of locking/unlatching are fine and no stiff door, but has warnings that there are a high number of door sensor state changes and lots of communication via bluetooth which have a negative effect on battery life.

I celebrated too soon…
After 1 day it is in broken state again. Doorsensor stays in closed state. No more updates.

Same problem here. Door sensors gets disconnected all the time. Not after I received a beta invitation it seems that the battery is empty, because I am not able to switch the door sensor to maintenance mode anymore. Really bad!

Please install the newly available beta version 1.1.2 on your affected Door Sensor as this version includes a potential fix for the stated issue.

Please let us know about your experience with that version - any feedback is highly appreciated.

Short update from my side:

after repositioning the door sensor it seems that there were no more problems encountered then for now 13 days.

Will keep on observing.

Stefan,
thanks for the update - but I’m a little bit reluctant on installing beta code on a security relevant device. As stated in my post above it seems that at least for me repositioning of the door sensor solved the issues I had (no interrupts of communication for consecutive 13 days), thus I will keep on monitoring the thread and will upgrade as soon as an official non-beta version has become available.

I’m suffering Nuki Door Sensor removed every 48h or so…

I will try to get access to the beta and also will try to change position of the door sensor to see if that solves the issue as other users point out.

I’m using the latest Beta for the Lock and I need to reconfig the Door Sensor every 1-2 day. :frowning:

I have the same problem. I have 2 instalations, lock 3.0 and lock 3.0 Pro with door senzors. FW 3.3.5 and 1.0.17.
I can’t believe that problem still persist. It is 6 months since it was reported.

An update from my side. After updating the doorsensor to 1.1.2 in combination with the lock firmware to 3.4.3 it seems more stable. I only had a false positive on the doorsensor 1 night. It stated that the door was open while it wasn’t. After opening the door and closing it the status was ok again. Running the firmware for 9 days now.

Does anyone else has the following?
Updating the doorsensor results in an error. But after rebooting (removing and inserting the battery) the sensor has the new firmware.

I’m here again to give all the advice to check periodically the door sensor battery and not belive to what the app report. I bougth my sensor on May 2022 and today the battery voltage is 0.3V while the battery status on the app was “OK”!!

I think that during the non responding period there’s also a battery drain…

1 Like

I updated the sensor and the smart lock to latest BETA firmwares and door sensor is working great so far!

version 1.1.2 is not beta anymore…let’s see what will happen after this update.

Yes, let’s see. After repositioning the door sensor the connection worked until two days ago when I had to reinitialize it again.
I will upgrade to 1.1.2 asap to see what will happen then.

do this. i can recommend so far.

Another update, now at 80 days with a working sensor on the beta firmware. No additional issues to report, the beta seems to have fixed the sensor problem. Recalibrating my lock also fixed the jamming issue described in the 40-day report.

1 Like

After 15 days the door sensor disconnected/retired, 1.1.2 version and latest 3.4.9 for smartlock

Will try to recalibrate or reposition as some users here indicate :slight_smile:

Edit: Still need to confirm if it was a battery issue (shouldn’t as the door sensor has less than 2 months of use)

Yesterday installed the new firmware, completely removed the door sensor and disconnected it from the lock, reinstalled, calibrated and it worked.
Until now… Now I get the same message that the door sensor has been removed!
Sorry to say this but this is the worst support I have ever experienced!
I’m not sure if Nuki support is aware of this… But I paid money for this thing that you can’t get to work!
And now I’m waiting for about 8 months to be able to use the thing I paid for…
This is already more than ridiculous