Nuki 3.0 API, does it have the bridge API?

Hi, does the Nuki 3.0 have the bridge API? if not, what is the local http API for the Nuki 3.0?

3 Likes

And is the API the same? Asking because of my Homebridge Plugin.

2 Likes

More importantly, does it finally include all the functionality that SHOULD be local but was implemented in the Nuki Cloud instead? (Adding users, PIN codes etc)
I want my promised local management without requiring an internet connection please.

Answers to your questions are provided here:

It there will be one it is quite unlikely that it will be HTTP. Can’t share more information for the time being.

The bridge (and thus the bridge HTTP-API) does not have administrative access to the Smart Lock. User management is an administrative task and was never planned to be part of the HTTP-API.

1 Like

Hi Jürgen, thanks for answering. The problem is, I’ve written about this before and I’ve contacted support without ever getting a satisfying reply. I’ve bought this lock way back, specifically for the possibilities for LOCAL administration for which I was told by Nuki to purchase the Bridge to provide local network API without cloud functionality (as my lock is not connected to the internet). It makes no sense to allow external factors (like your cloud) to have admin access and limit that admin access locally. From a security standpoint that’s the wrong way around. I don’t care if it’s in the HTTP-API of the bridge or directly into the lock, as long as I can administer my lock from my own network without internet connection.
For years I’m waiting to finally get access to my lock and to be able to use it, I would even consider upgrading to 3.0 IF it is finally fixed. For now, I have a dumb lock on my doors with all kinds of accesories that can’t be used for hundreds of euro’s.

Lets not continue the discussion here to avoid hijacking this thread, I’m always open to working towards a solution, but after all these years I’m quite sick of waiting for functionality that was promised to be there and I’ve paid for it, but never got it! Also close to the point where I’m so fed up that you can take the lock back and give me my money back.

6 Likes

It does work with the Bridge API, but commands like lock and unlock don’t work so far since Smartlock 3.0 comes with the new undocumented deviceType 4.

@Juergen could you update the bridge API documentation? Was this the only change? And what devicetype is the door including the lock?

I am on that. Will keep you updated when its available.

2 Likes

@benzman81 I just updated the Bridge API documentation:
https://developer.nuki.io/page/nuki-bridge-http-api-1-13/4/

1 Like

Just to resurrect this thread as I was hoping to get some steps in the right direction, after my previous message here, from Nuki’s side working towards a solution for local administrative rights, as it’s supposed to work. Unfortunately I’ve had zero response, it has once again been completely silent and it’s starting to look like this issue is being ignored completely.

Please, again, I ask you for a way to administer my smart lock like I was told it would. Again, I don’t care how I get this acces into my lock, I need to be able to talk to the lock API LOCALLY and have full functionality. Supply me with a container with the cloud software in it so I can host it locally for all I care, if that’s the solution.
I want to use the product I was promised or all my money back, I’ve been waiting long enough. There is not a single reason to keep the device I bought hostage by forcing me to use the cloud on a fully local device.

1 Like

Because this is not how this forum works. If you have a feature request, please file a proper feature request in the correct category and start to collect votes for it. There is no guarantee that a feature will ever make it into a product though.

This is something you need to clarify with the seller of your Smart Lock. If you bought it in the Nuki Shop you need to contact customer care. This is a developer forum and focused on developer related issues.

1 Like

Hello
Is Nuki 3.0 compatible with all Nuki bridge?

Yes

Same for me!
I’m running 2 Smartlocks and 2 Bridges for 3 or 4 years and I’m satisfied with it.
I all have integrated into my FHEM-Solution but without permission for internet-connection to the bridges.

I also wish full access via API (insert/delete/modify user rights for keypad etc.) but WHITOUT internet-connection.

Thank you!

Greetings
raimund

2 Likes

Please vote for it :slight_smile: Local API on SL3 (Pro) - #36 by Stan81