Lower Bluetooth voltage in order to make the range smaller
As discussed in previous topics, with IOS you cannot change anything about the Bluetooth like in Android.
Why don’t you provide an option in the app to lower the voltage of the Bluetooth sender in the NUKI Doorlock itself? That is a possible solution. You can then add 3 options like ‘normal’, ‘weak’ and ‘weaker’ and then people can test for themselves what is best. It can possibly even save some battery. This is nothing new and can be done.
I’m thinking about returning my Nuki because the biggest feature for what i bought it, is useless. (Auto Unlock). When we park the car, the door opens already. Picking up the kids from the seats and adding to the door, the door is already closed by then.
I hope this is possible and can be added because everyone seems to be having the same problems.
PS: Why can for example Danalock have a range of 1-5m and Nuki not?
So that the door opens when you are closed to it and not from far away
When we park the car, the door opens already. Picking up the kids from the seats and adding to the door, the door is already closed by then.
Why not just set the ‘door open time’ to longer? So it does not lot straight away?
Hi, door is already at 30s (max). Sometimes this is not enough and I see a lot of people complaining about the same so, this was just an idea that derives from Arduino/electronics.
Hi, door is already at 30s (max) but sometimes not enough.
Administration>Auto Lock>Auto Lock ON
Administration>Auto Lock>Lock after 20 Minutes (or shorter)
Administration>Auto Lock>Lock immediately after the door has closed ON
Now go to
Smart Actions>Auto Unlock ON
Smart Actions>Auto Unlock Settings>Lock automatically after Auto Unlock OFF
What this does:
- The door still unlocks automatically
- The door locks immediately when you close the door
- The door locks automatically when it is closed but unlocked after 20 minutes in my example
- You have 20 minutes to collect groceries and go to the door before it locks again.
- If you didn’t have Auto Lock before, it will now lock automatically when the door is closed against the magnet, something you will notice in winter at -5°C, when your phone is still inside the home. #fairwarning
- If you unlock the door because someone is coming, it will lock again after 20 minutes. Unless someone then opens and closes the door which will make it lock immediately.
I guess this solves the problem you have? It would be nice to have both settings on one page as it just confuses users…