Koch K3 (K932UP) Ring to open/Ring Suppression wiring

After a lot of trial and error I managed to wire the opener to open the door.
However ring suppression or ring to open doesn’t work

Does anyone have experience with this model? or can help with the wiring?

So far it looks like this:
3 - BLACK
4 - ORANGE
5 - PURPLE
6 - RED
7 - empty
8 - empty
9 - BLUE
10 - GREEN

the YELLOW is connected to which I assume is RNG (it was on 10) before.

1 Like

Hi there!

I do have the same old K3 in my apartment, and I was able to hook up the door opener function as you did. But it is not possible to hook up both the ring function and opener function together. Since the Nuki opener uses the same GND (purple) for the door & ring function and our K3 has two circuits - one for the ring and one for the opening function - it will not work. However, I managed to do it with an additional OONO-Relais device, which separates the GND for the Ring and the Door. It somehow worked, but still everything is very buggy. See here:

Oh wow!
Thank you for the reply. I did some more digging and found this thread.

Now I’m waiting if the Mono Amplifier solution works. Otherwise I’ll try yours.

and what do you mean by very buggy?

this is my solution. Ring Suppression is not in place… but it should work in my opinion

Does it work like that?
And where do you put the blue wire exactly?
Can you post a picture of your installation if possible?

Hello.

Has someone working wiring for K3?

I can open the door by the app. But the ring to open doesn’t work.

Best regards

Hello

it’s finally working

In the picture you see my configuration, if anyone has as well a k3 door system K932UP

Best regards

Congrats… it’s a bit a trial and error. Mine still works with Blue on 5 and Purple on 9
Have you managed to get ring suppression to work as well?

Yes the ring suppression works. i have now online a nice modern sound. but… i realized today. That the whole systems only works when i have the middle button from the K3 clicked. If i click the button out the whole nuki system doesn’t work anymore. if i click it back in. everything works.

I have also a K3 and connected the cables as shown, but where did you connected the yellow one? and ring-to-open didt work neither

Hi! Yellow (and red when digital) is ring signal in the opener and green is ring signal out of the opener.

Get it done, i only had to connect the cable from 10 to yellow with the clamp, and push the middle button

I tried this one, too. And it works great.

But with ring suppression active: does it also instantly buzz the door, if anyone rings the door?

Same here. I‘ve tried a re-wiring because the app didn‘t show when someone rings. Now I‘ve got the same problem as @kiljen ring suppression kind of works but it immediately buzzes the door, even before the nuki rings

Hi all,
Bit of a noob question maybe. Did I get it right that the existing wires need to stay in place and the door opener wires will be added to the existing ones into the same clamp except for the yellow and 10 connection? That one uses the new clamp delivered with the NUKI or should it stay in the existing clamp together with the yellow
?

and here a mockup of my understanding (probably wrong?)

Thanks for your input
Daniel

I tried as described without luck

Any ideas?

I got it working. The problem was between the chair and the keyboard. I should have used Generic Analog device instead of a “similar” koch one. Now everything works flawlessly

Does ring to open and ring suppression work for you Daniel?

1 Like

Hi @N3ptun

Yes, ring to open and ring suppression work.

Daniel