KeyPad2 unusable

As you say it is for developers to improve the keyboard bug.

And the bug of the door sensor as it is useless because it closes when the door is open.

I no longer use the Lock and Go for fear that I break the lock!

If it is open it should give a warning and will not close the lock.

I bought it for that reason.

This is for developers, isn’t it?

Keypad 2 with a bug.

Door sensor not working with another bug.

It appears that you are facing a problem with your Nuki system, and it doesn’t matter how many systems you have running simultaneously. I have personally installed and utilized the keypad, door opener, and Wi-Fi bridge across three different locations, which are used daily by hotel guests. However, over the past few weeks, the Nuki system has been malfunctioning and only works occasionally, which is incredibly frustrating. Despite attempting to update the system, when I am physically at the lock, everything appears to be connected and functioning correctly, except for the keypad which fails to work or accept the code. I have ruled out low battery or Bluetooth connectivity issues and determined that the issue lies within the firmware. This problem is affecting all three sets of locks that have been functioning correctly for years, and it now only works periodically.

Same for me, the Keypad 2.0 opens the door with the Nuki 3 Pro mostly very slow or not at all. Customer service replaced me last week keypad 2.0 but new device has same problems.
I think is a Bluetooth connection problem(foulty hardware or bad firmware)

Hey guys, we are using currently 2 Nuki 1.0, 24 Nuki 2.0 and 3 Nuki 3.0. We have that keypad issues since over 1 Year and noone of Nuki is able to fix it. They send us replacement locks, replacement of Pinpad. That issue is since long and got Never fixed. Its still not any hardware, its for sure buggy software. Or the bluethooth components in all 2.0 and 3.0 locks are faulty. Nuki 1.0 with pinpad works just fine without any issues at all. As we use them in short term rental, you can imagine the trouble. We have meanwhile mounted lockboxes with keys outside as safety meassure for the guests. Non of the service members at NUKI where able to help. All tries inclduing beta versions failed. Just 10 min ago another lock failed to open with a pinpad. We have every 2 days that issue somewhere.

Seems that you are talking of Keypad 1.0 and not 2.0 which this thread is about.

Make sure that you have set “Fast” in Smart Lock > Features & Configuration > Battery > Energy-saving mode and that there are not too many failed code entry attempts. The Smart Lock has a gradually increasing protection against wrong code entries. With every additional failed attempt the time between allowed attempts increases. If you have not done so, please contact our B2B support (b2b-support@nuki.io). They can have a look at your specific request / problem.

Juergen, it is the same with 2.0 and 1.0. We have both. (with fingerprint 2.0) and without. Maybe you come up finally with a solution… that would help more. Karin von Nuki tried EVERYTHING with us. WITHOUT any success.

It is set like that. This morning 2 locks failed again. Pinpad just flashing (3 times all lights). Lock not reacting. Its more than frustrating.

Leon, same here with 28 locks… Don´t ask how many troubles we have with guests.

It is a generalized failure, I have it mounted but I do not use it, it is useless, it is the most useless item in the catalog.

It fails a lot, it only opens 1 out of 10 attempts.

The LEDs blink and it does not show anything in the history or error or anything.

With fingerprint and with keyboard the result is the same.

I use a Keypad2 and it was replaced and I have the same problem.

It is right next to the lock about 20cm.

It’s frustrating.

And if it finally opens it takes forever.

It must be something in the firmware because the Fob works instantly!

I press the Fob and it never fails, I connect it to a keypad and that’s how I open the door.

I repeat the KeyPad is a poorly made keyboard.

And by the way if you open the battery cover you will see that the PCB is without components or never work the NFC part of this keyboard because they did not put the components, just saying that law that in the future would activate it.

This is not true if you do not buy a new KeyPad since the 2 was removed from the hard Eda option.

I have the same problem, however, I set the led brightness all the way to the left and no more led rolling, only when the finger or code is wrong and opens allot faster

Same issue here. I was using the Keypad 1 without any problems. About 1 year ago I switched to Keypad 2 because I wanted to use fingerprint. Unfortunately it’s working only 1 out of 10 times, even with PIN it’s not very reliable (but at least better than fingerprint). Nuki Lock is version 1.0.

Same problem, it is unacceptable that after more than 1 years it is not solved.
I spent 160€ on a device that work 1/3 times.
How is it possible?

That’s right, the keypad is always disconnected from the smart lock, so it’s inconvenient and
unreliable. It works fine for a few days just as soon as I restart it.

Hello @Luca_Castellani, @LucaLorenzi and all,

please keep in mind that this forum is meant for developer related questions
and discussions, as well as Beta tester feedback.

Thus, please report your issues through our customer support team for further
individual assistance: https://support.nuki.io/hc/en-us

Thank you!

I’ve already asked support for a couple of months without resolving anything. I hope for some changes to the lock or keypad otherwise it’s €150 spent in vain

1 Like

Hi @MatthiasK, I know this is a delevoler forum and I am sorry for the wrong use of it! But it is the only place where we can talk between Nuki owners!
If it is possible to have a Forum like this just to talk between us it would be awesome!

So do I @Luca_Castellani !