To avoid additional security risk (as we don’t intend using the entry code function, and also our door is overlooked by another property meaning the code could be observed when entered), allow the Keypad to be configured for fingerprint reading ONLY.
- We don’t have any plans to use the entry code feature, and we have backup alternatives should fingerprint recognition fail (including Apple Watch, iPhone, and physical key). Having it enabled as mandatory introduces a security risk as someone could (however unlikely) try to guess the code.
- We live in a block of flats with another flat directly opposite, which means they can easily observer our entry code being entered. This introduces a security risk.
- For each fingerprint/entry code combination, add a toggle that disables the entry code part.
- Better, allow only the fingerprint to be stored, disabling the ‘keypad’ portion altogether.
- Best, release a new hardware component that is fingerprint only (without keypad). If it also had NFC (for Apple Homekey) that would be even better!