Is my idea of integration valid? :)

Hello There

I’m about to set up a concierge service for the elderly.

My aim is to install connected locks in my customers’ homes, in order to manage/secure visitor access. I’m not interested in the Bluetooth part, but only in remote control for lock/unlock

From what I understand, this is possible with:

1. Smart lock + Bridge
  2. Smart lock pro.

In reality, I want to open the locks via a CRM/Backoffice from our office, and I am a bit lost. Important information: I have around a hundred customers.

Firstly, can my solution handle that many connected locks? Can the mobile app handle that many devices? If I’ve understood correctly, it’s only used for setup/pairing, right?
Secondly, which API is relevant to my situation? Web API or HTTP-Bridge API? What is the difference ?

Thanks for your advices :slight_smile:

Yes, that should not be an issue at all.

Yes, but it’s not made for it and it is not recommended to have them all in the App. Nuki Web is. So you setup all your locks with the Nuki App, connect them to Nuki Web and delete them from the App afterwards. If you want to still manage your locks on your mobile you can use the mobile frontend of Nuki web in your phones browser.

The HTTP-API and MQTT-API are local APIs for integration into Smart Home Systems. If you have no local infrastructure/servers you can simply take the WebAPI, which is a cloud based API and requires just the Smart Locks to be connected via WiFi (or Thread) with the internet.

Hi Jürgen

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

If you want to still manage your locks on your mobile you can use the mobile frontend of Nuki web in your phones browser.

Oh great, I suppose than Nuki web or/and Nuki API offers same settings/options than the Nuki App (Lock ’n’ Go, activity logs) ?

Thanks again

Yes. But some functions like Auto-Unlock and notifications are not working and it will always access the lock via IP (Thread/WiFi/Bridge) and never via BLE (which the App does as fallback if IP is not working).