Is it possible to use the Nuki lock the way we would a regular lock?

Hi.

I have a knob-type door with a European mortise lock. I also have the lock 3.0, a keypad 1.0, and the Bridge.
The keypad is located outside.

I’ve been trying to configure the lock and the keypad to work the way we would use a regular lock, i.e. when everyone leaves the home the lock is locked (by using the Keypad). When the lock is locked and the keypad is used, the lock gets unlocked. This works fine.
But when the lock is not locked and the Keypad is used, the lock should just get unlatched.

Is it possible to set everything up like that?

This is a common scenario when people are in the home, someone takes the trash out or comes back home the lock should just get unlatched.

The current setting in the Advanced Settings of the Keypad is set to “Intelligent”, but other than locking when a correct code is typed or the back key is pressed and unlocking when the correct code is typed, nothing intelligent happens.

The only thing I’ve been able to do so far is to use the physical key to open the door when it is not locked because someone is home, otherwise, using the Keypad just locks the door and tells my smart home system to turn everything off and activate the alarm -_- Then I have to use it again to unlock and disengage the alarm.

I know I can use the app, but before I can get the phone out of my pocket, unlock it, find the app, and unlatch the door, I have already found the keys, opened the door, closed it, greeted my family, and been to the toilet.

Make sure that you have configured settings > general > door fitting to “knob” and the Keypad to “unlatch”. This will always unlatch the door when you enter the code and allows you to lock with the back key.

Please contact our support via the Nuki App (Menu > Help > Contact Customer Support) for more detailed information.

This forum is focused on developer related issues.

Thanks, @Juergen.

I thought the feature was not available and it could turn into a feature request.

I’ll contact customer support for a follow-up question.