Invite user from anywhere

Product name

Nuki Smart Lock Pro

Summary

Invite a new user from your Nuki app, wherever you are in the world.

Features

New users can only be invited from the Nuki app if you’re within Bluetooth range of the Nuki Smart Lock. This is inconvenient. I want to be able to invite a new user from my Nuki app, regardless of where I am in the world.

Reason

The purpose of a smart lock is to allow or restrict access to anyone. Unless I have misunderstood, I am unable to invite new users to my lock unless I am standing near my lock, in Bluetooth range. If I am at work, or on holiday or wherever, I am unable to invite somebody new. Such a limitation means I must plan ahead and know in advance who to invite, ahead of when they will need access. This is either inconvenient or simply not possible.

Examples

I’ve recently installed my Nuki Smart Lock and my parents want to drop something off at my house. I am at work. I want to give them permanent access to the lock.

I have a tradesperson coming to fix my cooker, or repair a water leak, or clean the house, or paint the house - I want to invite them as a user with time limited access.

A friend from overseas just arrived in town. I’m away on holiday and want to give them access to the house for the weekend.

I think you already can if you have the “pro” version or the Nuki Bridge and when you enabled remote access of your app.

1 Like