This will be a bit of an unusual question - but did anyone manage to install Nuki so that it replaces a door handle/knob itself instead of over a lock cylinder? I’m thinking of doing that, and there’s an issue of no existing adapter for the handle rod - I think the standard here in EU is 8mm - I could 3D print something though. On the other side of the door is a fixed knob, so it doesn’t depend on what’s going on at the inner end.
For some context, the scenario I’m dealing with is as follows:
- there is a communal parking garage with around 100 people using it
- it has multiple pedestrian entrances over two levels - around 10 of them
- all entrances have a standard euro profile double cylinder which don’t have an emergency function or knob on the inner side
- all locks were changed earlier this year
- the entrance doors are not usually locked, and are just latched so they can easily be open from the inside, but that they require a key from the outside
I really don’t want to initiate another lock replacement for everyone, and I do wish for everyone to be able to use a single key to open any garage entrance. I live some 300m from the garage, and I really wish I could enter it with just my phone, and installing nuki instead of the current inside knob seems like the least disruptive way for everyone.