Homekit yes, Voice no! possible?

Nuki 3.0 mounted on my front door. When my windows is open and somebody yells hey siri open front door through the windows siri opens the door. My phone is mostly in BT range.

So my question: Can I have the Nuki Lock in my homekit setup for automation but does not allow voice commands? My workaroung right now is to give the lock a cryptic name no one can say.

Any ideas?

Hi! You should be able to set a pin, what will be asked when a unlock command over voice.

Hi Rose, could you explain how? Not sure how I could do that.

Oh sorry, I saw now you mean siri, I have Google home and there a pin is mandatory, and
I had to figure out a way for no asking for a pin, for siri I can’t say, sorry.

Hey VaAle,

By default Siri only executes commands on security accessories when the user is authenticated. This is valid for all Apple devices.

When someone yells through the window Siri will simply reject the request, unless your devices are unlocked. HomePods will not act on security devices at all.

Best Regards,
Peter

Hi Peter, my homepod in the room behind the windows happily performs when someone is yelling hey siri “Haustür öffnen” as long as my phone is BT reach. Not sure if I have a missconfiguration.

Hey VaAle,

This sounds unusual. Normally the HomePod should ask you to resume opening the accessory on your personal device… Do you have a PIN code set up on your phone?

Best Regards,
Peter