'Hard' factory reset

After being offline (as I noticed while I was at work) for a day, and needing to use my key to open the door, as the smartlock was not working, I decided to factory reset everything. After factory resetting the Smartlock, I no longer can setup my Smartlock. The setup program keeps informing me that no lock can be found. Following the instructions on my phone, I press the button on the Lock and wait patiently until the light keeps glowing. Unfortunately, that never happens. After the light blinking for a couple of seconds, the light goes off. Keeping the button pressed (for more than one minute) does not make the light to glow continuously.

Can I hardware reset the Smart Lock? Can I open the Smartlock (I see a small screw on the back) and remove a button cell battery (does it have one) in order to force a reset?

I called support. They wrote my name down and told me I will be called back. Having heard that before, I would like to have some other options, as waiting for a call might take a long time. Meanwhile, the lock is useless and I had to remove it.

Did you ever get a reply to this? I have exactly the same problem. The lock appears not to be allowing pairing after a reset, so setup becomes impossible. Removing batteries makes no difference.

Later…

After half an hour of fiddling, found the answer. To reset the lock (not using the app) remove the battery pack, then hold down the lock button, and still holding it reinsert the batteries. Had to do this three or four times, but eventually it worked. Bluetooth seems a bit flaky for the lock and the bridge.

If your lock is on a firmware below 2.5.4 you should factory reset it (Menu > Help > factory reset), set it up again and update the firmware (2.6.3 is latest version)

1 Like

Thanks. Already on 2.6.3.

1 Like

Hi. Any solution for this problem ?. I have changed the batteries and it is impossible to reconfigure the lock.
Following the instructions on my phone, I press the button on the Lock and wait patiently until the light keeps glowing. Unfortunately, that never happens. After the light blinking for a couple of seconds, the light goes off. Keeping the button pressed (for more than one minute) does not make the light to glow continuously.
Any solution please?

1 Like

Please contact our support via https://nuki.io/en/support-request/ or contact@nuki.io. They will have a look at your specific problem.

I did a hard factory reset. I expected that I could start the installation process from scratch.
Deleted the Smart lock - deleted my own user - uninstalled the Nuki 2.0 app.
Installed the app again and was surprised that all settings were obviously still inside Nuki’s memory and displayed in the app (e.g. activizy log / my user / my wifes user and all previous settings.
Conclusion: the factory reset

is not what I expected that it should do.
Can someone point out where is the button battery is located in the picture attached ?
BTW this is not my Nuki Sl - found it in the net

Looks like you didn’t complete the factory reset properly. The App asks you during the process if you really want to delete all data or if some data should be kept. Looks like you chose the option to keep some data and not completely flush everything.

Yes - you are right. Anyhow how long will that cell battery live ?

Having the same problem?? Lost my BT connections suddenly… could not manage the lock trough the app anymore. I removed the device from my app and tried to reconnect it again. When ik press the button for 5 sec it flashes shortly but i cannot find it in trough the app / installation proces. The ring never keeps solid as explained in the app. Tried to reset it trough pressing the button and instert te batteries. Then it stays in a constand mode that only the top part of the LED ring is solid but is frozen after and also cannot be found in the app. @Juergen

Your problem might me related to the one described here:

It is usually resolved by removing and inserting the batteries of the Smart Lock. But please contact our support via the Nuki App (Menu > Help > Contact Customer Support) for more detailed information as this forum is focused on developer related issues.

My lock suddenly asked me for my PIN, which I gave and … it did not accepted it - and I know my PIN.

I tried to factory reset it but, guess what? To get to the Smart Lock Management, I need … the PIN!

So:

a) Forgot PIN
b) Need a Factory Reset
c) Do it at “Manage Smart Lock”
d) Need the PIN to “Manage Smart Lock”
e) Go back to (a)

What now?

1 Like

Factory reset via Menu > Help > Factory reset Smart Lock

I was searching for the option using the search function … so, I completely missed the specific entry to reset the lock.

My bad - I’m really sorry for the trouble.

Hi guys,

Just bought a Nuki 3.0 for the frontdoor of my company and i cannot configure it. It seems that the lock came already configured. When I follow the steps to add it to my Nuki app, I press the button for 5 seconds to get the ring blinking and it gets just a red light on top of it blinking. Can anyone help to factory reset the lock? I can’t install it and it’s kind of frustrating.

Try this: 'Hard' factory reset - #13 by Juergen

If it does not work, please contact our support via the Nuki App (Menu > Help > Contact Customer Support) for more detailed information.

This forum is focused on developer related issues.