Force entering auto-unlock mode

Product name

Nuki Android App

Summary

Force enabling auto-unlock mode when we move out of our house but not enough fare

Features

Sometimes we move out of our house but still staying in geofence perimeter.
So if we want to use auto-unlock, even if we are just in front of the door it won’t be unlocked automatically.
So it could help to have the option to specify frome this moment, as soon as the smart lock can be unlcked, it has to be unlocked automatically.

Reason

If I move out only some meters frome my house, I have to manually unlock the lock using the app.

Examples

My garage is some meters fare frome my house, in fact fully independent.
So I go to my garage, do what I have to do.
And before leaving it, I activate this mode so when I am in front of my lock, it will be unlocked automatically.
Because for the moment, I have to use the Android app to unlock manually so if I have things in the hands I have to put their on the floor, taking my smartphone and unlock the door because I did not move enough fare.

I talk about the Android app but it is applicable for IOS also.

Same as Feature Request Automatic "Ring to open" for Smart lock

@Nuki: please implement this :open_mouth:
A double tap on the lock to enable this and start the unlocking process 2 minutes AFTER closing the door would be fine.

1 Like

Could be a new option in settings to activate auto-unlock if you close the door with lock’n’go.

I live in a big building with shops, barber, kids playground etc. at the 0 level. I often go outside to spend time in any of these locations which are obviously inside the geofence.

I want to auto open the door as soon as I enter the bluetooth range again regardless of the geofence.

I ask myself about the differece between current programming and the upcoming request.

If I stay within the geofence and i open manual via app when I will enter the door-i need to do something on my smartphone/app

Or if i enable with my smartphone/app a function that it auto unlock should be active when i will reenter.

The work for the user is the same.

Hey do you not change the geofence? Is it even to large? I assume that this request is not possible because of sideeffects

You need to keep in mind conflicting scenario why geofence was introduced.

E.g.

• you come home and auto unlock and stay home
  • you lock locks automatically for night or other user locks it
  • your device keeps poping in and out of the bluetooth range and could be recognized for auto unlock if leaving geofence wouldn’t introduced

So this definitely cannot be global option but rather per case option - e.g. you are leaving far away from BT but also not far away for geofence then you would have to press some button.

Anyway i have similar request for different scenario.

I live in huge building complex and my entrance to garage is way far away as opposed to entrance by walk. I had to enlarge my geofence for car approach but then it contradicts the scenario where i go to coffee shop within the complex that is 300m away from my walk entrance but closer than garage entrance.

Also for me the enhaced location accuracy eats too much of a battery.

I would be way ok to keep it without precise location, just open by unlocking my phone - giving BT signal. And have manual enter geofence home screen widget that i would use if i know I’m approaching my home with car and i will have full hand for my door to open automatically.