Essential Feature! Nuki Keypad OTP

Product name

Nuki Keypad

Summary

One-Time-Password (PIN)

Features

Enable entry codes to be one-time use only.

Reason

Friend or neighbor who doesn’t want to download an app and should get restricted one-time access only.

Examples

For example, a neighbor wants to pick up a parcel which was accepted by me and I don’t know when he will come and pick it up. An OTP would make a lot of sense here. I can leave the house and my neighbor can pick up his parcel with a one-time-passcode which I gave him.

+1. Good idea !

Or if you want to allow access to a delivery person to drop a package in your hallway.
Obviously, all this could also be done by remotely opening the door for him/her… :thinking:

2 Likes

I think this is a good feature request!
For example use a OTP for emergency access, without any timeout, for lifetime.

1 Like

i like the idea related to emergency acccess. this OTP could even trigger special notifications in app, so have awareness of usage of those codes

2 Likes

When in a meeting my phone is set to silent, so I don’t hear the door bell.

+1!

I would like to also limit the timeframe, so even the OTP can only be used in daylight.
The OTP should also have some kind of grace period, so it can be used again in 1 or 5 minutes or so.

1 Like

@Stefan_Reiterer is it anywhere on the roadmap?

I also thought about OTP. But what is the benefit? From a security point of view it does not make a difference, from a access log view, also no difference as it can be seen if it was used at all.
The alarm possibility, this is not related to OTP, so also not a real argument.

So in my opinion, there is no benefit and devs should concentrate on more important tasks…

It makes big difference Mate.

With OTP you can e.g. issue OTP for a delivery guy for a specific delivery and you don’t have to remember to remove the code from the permissions or care about setting it for narrow time window etc.

It should be a widget to generate OTP with 2 clicks and get it copied automatically to be able to send it.

2 Likes

Very interested by OTP for the keypad.

My use case is for the delivery guy : create an OTP with time windows.

I mainly bought keypad for this use case.