Device names don't update when changed

I changed the names of my Smart Lock and Opener through in the Nuki app on iOS. I think the app used the bridge to connect to the devices (the Smart Lock is typically out of Bluetooth range).

The new names are reflected in the app, but not in the bridge HTTP API. A call to /list continues to report the old names. After rebooting the bridge, the new names are returned.

There is a “Display name” (in Settings) and a “Name” (in Settings/Manage Smart Lock).

The latter one is the config name which is also shown in all APIs (including the Bridge API).
The former one is the device specific name you can set in any App, Nuk Web etc. to distinguish devices which may have the same config name (e.g. if my Smart Locks config name is “Home” and I get an invite from a friend who’s Smart Lock is also called “Home”).

So do I understand correctly, that you changed the “Name” and this was not immediatly shown in the /list command and only orrected after a restart?

If yes, that is, because the /list command is cached data from the Bridge. You can check this with /lockState which gets the data directly from the device (but therefore will increase battery usage on the device).
So new names shown can be delayed till the next sync (which is done in your example via the restart).

Yes.

You can check this with /lockState which gets the data directly from the device (but therefore will increase battery usage on the device).

I tried /lockState before restarting the bridge, but no joy. Only after restarting the bridge (by calling /reboot), the names in the /list response were updated.

Thanks for the clarification. We will take a look into it.

Just installed a firmware update for my Opener. The bridge doesn’t reflect the new firmware version until rebooted either.