Since December I’m trying to setup a nuki v1 (with last firmware available) integrating it to my smart home system (openHAB), for that reason I need a bridge and I’m trying to use the android app bridge. So far, unfortunately no luck.
I wanted to share my experience, maybe can be useful for others:
- Sony Xperia SP, Android kitkat 4.3, Bluetooth 4.0 (A2DP): the device connects to nuki; unfortunately after 2 o 3 days the nuki status goes to offline even if the connection status via client app shows everything is ok, the only solution is to kill the app via android settings and restart it.
- Sony Xperia SP, LineageOS 15.1 (Android Oreo 8), Bluetooth 4.0 (A2DP): no connection at all.
- Mototola Moto X (2nd Gen), Android Marshmallow 6.0, Bluetooth 4.0 (A2DP, EDR, LE, aptX): no connection at all.
- LG Nexus 5, Android Marshmallow 6.0.1, Bluetooth 4.0 (A2DP): no connection at all.
- Motorola Moto X4, Android Pie 9, Bluetooth 4.2 (A2DP, LE, EDR, aptX) (5.0 after SW update): the devices connects to nuki, I didn’t use it for long time but just as test.
I’m getting soon another smartphone, I’ll update the post.
- Samsung Galaxy s4 mini doesn’t function as it should. The phone connects to the Nuki and functions correctly for maybe 1 day. Afterwards it seems to lose the connection to the Nuki (according to the client app). Restarting the app also seems to work.
Can this be solved somehow? It is the only Android phone I have laying around.
For now I am using Galaxy S3 as bridge and it seems to work fine, but it is only 2 days right now. I will let you know if any problems appears in the future.
I confirm that Galaxy S3 is working ok as bridge
But S5 is not working… not able to pair with the lock
S3 has stopped to work … it can’t find the smartlock and bluetooth in phone gets errors and resets itself during searching (icon disappears and shows again). In bluetooth options the smartlock is not visible. Just great.
Now I set up Xperia M2 as a bridge and from 3 days it works excellent. It is also big change in the matter of reaction time. Lock and unlock is now instant. On S3 there was sometimes 20 seconds of delay!!! On Xperia it didn’t hapened even once.
So there is something with samsung’s bluetooth i think…
This is really a tricky topic as every bluetooth stack on every device seems to be a bit different.
That’s also the reason why we can’t easily provide a list with compatible smartphones as we have no means to run real long-term tests with different devices.