Automated Code for AIRBNB - Wrong Time settings

Good morning fellow Nuki Fans

I have meanwhile 4 Nuki smart locks in rental buildings, it has been a life saver for me to manage airbnb arrrivals with Nuki and it’s automated code creation for Airbnb bookings is also the reason why i invested so much money in buying this system and not another more compact device.

Unfortunately ever since the Nuki web interface has been updated , there have been issues with the Nuki - Airbnb Integration.

I have been receiving and reporting complaints from my guests (people being locked out their accommodation, people entering when other guests were still enjoying their stay :-((, people receiving emails their acces codes had been deactivated days before departure, the manual setting overriding not working so i had to create new codes and communicate several codes to my guests during their stay etc etc all of this impacting my reputation on Airbnb as loosing my superhost status and receiving guest complaints, apart from my continuous worry that something would go wrong and they would call me at night being angry for being locked out or in the morning meeting the next guests in their bathroom while their booking has not finished yet …)
After several reports about it I received a mail from Airbnb they would be working on the issues with Nuki and that we would have to create codes manually for the time being.

Up to today i have not received any mail confirming from Airbnb nor Nuki the issues were solved or partly solved.

However it seems the automated code generation is now operational again, it is still setting wrong times activation and deactivation times.

Since they are activating new codes at 00.00 the night of the day of arrival instead of 15.00 pm , the Nuki system is already granting access to new arrival guests while my current booking is still ongoing…
For my guests and thus for me this is a major security and privacy issue, it is impacting safety of my guests and impacting my reputation and income as a host. I’ve been reporting this to both Nuki and Airbnb for several months and posting dozens of tickets now :: Airbnb telling me they can do nothing about it since the issue is with Nuki and Nuki not replying to the ticket or saying the issue is with Airbnb, or each time another support agent asking me top repost the whole story, or saying I have to do it manually as they cannot solve it. So why did I invest in these locks if now I have to do it manually anyway? And how is it possible that until today nobody has taken this matter seriously or at least given a decent answer or timing for solution? Even simply ignoring the customer?

In my eyes the SOLUTION could be simple.

Since Nuki is not taking the checkin/out times from Airbnb (mine are set to 15.00 - 11.00) anyway but setting fixed values 00.00 - 11.00 (how Nuki sets it), why do they not create “2 fields” under settings for the short term rentals lock allowing the host to “specify specific de:activation” times for that lock?
It cannot be that hard to create 2 fields in the existing web form sending time data to the 2 cells in the database that are now filled in with fixed values?

Anyone else experiencing these issues? Anyone having a solution for this? Anybody else has been reporting this and receiving the same ‘ingnore it’-treatment? Anyone that can help me with a workaround?

1 Like

Hi

I am using smoobu as channel manager also for airbnb. And for me everything works fine including precise checkin and out times.

For the Support, I‘m in the same situation. I never received a reply on my support mails since months.

Leo

I do encounter the same kind of issues. Email sent at midnight instead of 3pm. Code deactivated in the middle of the booking. Code sent when a booking has been cancelled.
It was working perfectly for over a year but now it’s kind of messy.
Would love to get some help.

I am using Smoobu and had these problems in June (2020). Disappeared after some time and now everything is fine again.

I have posted about 10 tickets concerning this matter since June, until today still they are setting the wrong times.

Every ticket started is replied by first line and then ends up in silence, now i have tried via Facebook, after which they have opened a ticket asking me to send AGAIN all information :frowning:

i have don a test with Smoobu 2 months ago, but it caused a bug in the connetion to my Airbnb accommodation and all my data was removed from Airbnb. It was just at the moment that bookings started to pick up again after lockdown and so i deleted everything from Smoobu, there also i didn’t get any reply on my support call and Airbnb also saying the issue was not on their side

Is there a way you can give me some feedback about your experience with smoobu?
How long have you been working with it
How is your support experience with them
How many accommodations and connections to platforms do you have
is it connected to your own booking site
is there a way to reserve a deposit guarantee amount if you take in bookings from your own site

Thank you and have a lovely weekend!

I have posted about 10 tickets concerning this matter since June, until today still they are setting the wrong times.

Every ticket started is replied by first line and then ends up in silence, now i have tried via Facebook, after which they have opened a ticket asking me to send AGAIN all information :frowning:

i have don a test with Smoobu 2 months ago, but it caused a bug in the connetion to my Airbnb accommodation and all my data was removed from Airbnb. It was just at the moment that bookings started to pick up again after lockdown and so i deleted everything from Smoobu, there also i didn’t get any reply on my support call and Airbnb also saying the issue was not on their side

Is there a way you can give me some feedback about your experience with smoobu?
How long have you been working with it
How is your support experience with them
How many accommodations and connections to platforms do you have
is it connected to your own booking site
is there a way to reserve a deposit guarantee amount if you take in bookings from your own site

Thank you and have a lovely weekend!

have you had contact with them? any reply?

After opening about 15 tickets since june, the issue is still not solved.

Since my support tickets are no longer being replied to, I have also tried to get help over Facebook, this is the feedback I received. I’m asking now to return my goods for refund since they are no longer working properly. ‘I have invested in Nuki doorlocks since they automated the system and i no longer had to create access codes myself’. But even there i am being ignored, did I really spend 1400€ just to throw away my money as now i need to invest in another system?

Imagine you buy a car and after one year it is no longer driving but the manufacturer would tell you, that you can still drive the car by pushing it yourself.

Strange

In our case, Nuki takes the check in time from Airbnb.
But sometimes, we do agree to let the guest enter early.

There is no solution for that. I wish the Betty and exit time would be editable for each guest in the nuki app and nuki browser.

Will that be possible « soon »?

The problem with incorrect times set from airbnb has been ongoing till end december when they finally decided to send me 2 replacement devices, and I had to create a completely new nuki web account, after this, the issue was solved. So i was left in the cold with dozens of complaints for more then half a year, i feel very dissapointed on that.

The Nuki interface now exactly takes the times as set in the airbnb listing. activate 15 pm, deactivate 11 am

– YES you can set the times differently for each guest as well in nuki app on mobile as onnuki web account. you can do that by going into the generated access and there simply modify the times manually

An interesting feature however would be that you can add a ‘time-margin’ for automatic activating/deactivating the codes in NuKI itself : EG: my guests read on airbnb that checkin starts from 15pm and checkout is at 11 am. 90% of them arives 5-10 minutes before and usually departs 10-20 minutes after the in airbnb set times, i think it’s common human behaviour, this causes their access code to be expired and so they have the feeling they are being ‘locked in’ if they don’t know how to open the lock manually (i prefer not to put it in big letters as then they manipulate it manually all the time resulting in blocked motor, forced motor, dekalibrated and me running there 3 times a week again to reset the lock) or locked out in case they are putting luggage the car in front of the house…

If you want eg have 15 mins margin on the time frame, you would have to set that in airbnb, but then again, your guests would not leave at 11.15 but 11.30 instead, so this is no solution as nuki takes the xact times from airbnb.
So the only way to do this now is to MANUALLY modify each automatic generated code, so this way the auto code generation again totally looses its scope. ideally there would be a field in settngs on property/listing level in Nuki to set a margin time to be added to the checkin and checkout time, for a programmer a simple thing to do:
set margintime: 15 min
activation = checkintime - margin time
deactivation = checkoput time + margin time