Auto Unlock with Apple Watch (and other smart watches)

Product name

Nuki Smart Lock - all models

Summary

Auto Unlock with Apple Watch (other smart watches)

Features

Auto Unlock based on proximity with a smart watch, in particular those with a cellar plan that can be used for geo-location.

Reason

Auto Unlock (with a paired phone) has been widely used by this community. As smart watches become more independent - latest iOS update enabled Offline Maps for the Apple Watch for the first time, other smart watches already have this type of functionality. Going for a run, nearby shops etc can be done without the smart phone. Current requirement is that you open the Nuki app and unlock manually. This will be an excellent automated upgrade.

Examples

Going for a short run without your phone.
Going out for a small groceries shop at the near by shop.
Taking the trash/rubbish out - ok this one may need to a little more precise location.

I support the idea but given the fact that you almost can‘t rely ob the nuki apple watch app, auto unlock would probably work even worse.

I sympathise! Whilst the older models of Nuki (version 2 like mine) may not have the right hardware. My experience with my car & Apple Watch is seamless and I am hoping the same can be done with current/ new models of the Nuki Lock.