Auto-Lock with Door Open - Why?

I have the Nuki 4.0 Pro with the 4.3.7 Beta Firmware and Door Sensor with Firmware 1.2.0

If I have Auto-Lock enabled and the door is open the lock is auto-locking after the time set in the app. Is that by design or a bug?

I would have expected the door not to lock if open or at least have an option to prevent it locking when open but retaining the auto-lock for when the door is closed.

Maybe I’m missing a use-case for auto-locking an open door?1

GFL

Hi, as far as I know it is design intent to auto lock even with “open” door sensor status. I guess it is due to the fact to prevent the door do not lock caused by a wrong status (door sensor reports open while the door is closed). Worst case you will smash the “locked door” against the frame. Not sure if it could be added as a option slider to use the door status also for auto lock… But this is only my view.

Cheers,
Emanuel

Please use the search function. There are several topics about this and a feature request and also some reasoning why it currently is at it is:

I did find that in the search but given it was to major versions back things might have moved on.

I still don’t understand the reason for not giving the user the option to not have the door auto-lock if the door sensor says the door is open. Surely it wouldn’t be much effort to make that feature available.

As I’m using the Ultion Bolt door system, I can still close the door whilst the Nuki is in a locked state, so not too annoying,

2 Likes