APP UPDATE: Nuki iOS App 2.5.0-Beta

We released the new iOS app version 2.5.0-Beta.

What’s new?

• Shortcuts support: You can configure individual Shortcuts within the Shortcuts app and you can also use Siri Shortcuts again.
  • Improvements for the Opener setup
  • Performance improvements and bug fixes.

Please update your Nuki app and give us your feedback, especially for Shortcuts.

Since recents Betas under “Notifications” (Lock and Opener) is always say “Loggedin as unknown”. A relogin does not help. I think this is a Bug?

At this point your email address should be displayed.
Does your email address contain any special characters or do you use the two-step verification for your Nuki Web account?

No, the email has no special characters, but Im using the two-step verification.

Additionally the push notifications lacks the name too, I think:

Which integration(s) should this/these have been? And do you see the correct names in the activity log?

I implemented the integration with ioBroker and the nuki-addon. The activivy logs lacks the name too: “Nuki Web ()”. Maybe the integration does something wrong here? I assumed that the problem resulted from the “unknow”-Entry under the notifications.

@creak The name in the brackets is the name of the integration
description (string, optional) (from https://api.nuki.io/#!/ApiKey/get model)
If it is not set it is shown with the empty brackets as in your screenshot.

Do you have other integrations running where you see a correct name? That would clearly hint, that it is missing in this ioBroker integration and not an error on our side.

https://api.nuki.io/#!/ApiKey/get gives my main oAuth-Key. I think there is no way to set a description:

[
  {
    "apiKeyId": xxx,
    "accountId": xxx,
    "description": "",
    "redirectUris": [],
    "creationDate": "2018-12-04T17:51:58.115Z",
    "apiKey": "xxx"
  }
]

The ioBroker-Integration is using a API-Token where a description is set (calling GET /api/key/{apiKeyId}/token

[
{
“id”: “xxx”,
“accountId”: xxx,
“description”: “iobroker”,
“accessToken”: “xxxxx•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••”,
“scopes”: [
“account”,
“notification”,
“smartlock”,
“smartlock.readOnly”,
“smartlock.action”,
“smartlock.auth”,
“smartlock.config”,
“smartlock.log”,
“smartlock.create”
],
“creationDate”: “2019-04-23T20:08:42.273Z”
}
]

Whats wrong here?

Thanks for the follow up. Yes, it looks like everything is correctly set, so I will have to investigate further on our side.

No problem at all. If you have any questions Im happy to help to debug the problem, just message me :+1:

We released a new iOS app version 2.5.0-Beta.

What’s new?

• Night mode (just available with Smart Lock 1.0 from Firmware 1.8.0 and Smart Lock 2.0 from Firmware 2.6.2)
  • Improvements for the Opener setup
  • Performance improvements and bug fixes.

Known bug for this version: If you try to configure the Night mode with a Smart Lock 2.0 with beta firmware 2.6.0, the app crashes.

Please update your Nuki app and give us your feedback!

Can you further explain what „Night Mode“ is about? Thanks a lot!

Fantastic feature i try it…
Suggestion:
you can add an option when the night ends i decide to unlock or open the door!

Night Mode: from feature point of view ok, but we can’t use it as our door locks quite difficult between 360–> 720 degree. Therefore we have set in normal operations, to protect the Nuki, to lock only up to 360 degree. Once that becomes available as a choice for NIght Mode, we would use it.

Thanks, ueffchen

1 Like

I’ve just tried the shortcuts feature. One door won’t unlock and throws “A connection error occurred” message. The other one locks ok, but unlock makes it run to the end stop everytime. A unlock from the app doesn’t do this.

Somehow shortcuts aren’t working for me. I’ve activated the feature in the nuki app beta, but the shortcuts app doesn’t show any nuki related actions (no “nuki” under apps and searching for it also yields no results).

1 Like

Please also check if all permissions for the Nuki App are activated under 'Settings > Siri & Search‘.

In the Shortcuts app, commands and apps are often only displayed after they have been used several times - so you probably have to execute some lock actions with the Nuki app before they are displayed in the Shortcuts app.

Since this morning the app says my opener and smart lock are offline, but they are perfectly reachable via nuki web and home app.

Some issues?