APP UPDATE: Nuki Android App 2.5.0-Beta

We released the new Android app version 2.5.0-Beta.

UPDATE: Due to recent changes in the approval process for the Play Store we had to adopt our release plans for Android. This means that the App Beta 2.5.0 will not be available for you Beta testers for now.

It could also lead to a further (small) delay of the Beta test for the Android Widget as other features and priority bug fixes may have to be released first. Sorry to all who were already eager to test it, but you will get your chance soon. :slight_smile:

Hi Stephan.

thx for the update.
Are there any AutoUnlock related things fixed?
Or are the AU issues just FW related?

thx
Tobias

Not in 2.5.0
There are some fixes (which are still in internal testing) scheduled for one of the next Beta releases coming soon.

ok, thx.
Will wait for the new beta.

Unfortunately in Google Play only 2.4.2 appear as latest beta

Unfortunately in Google Play only 2.4.2 appear as latest beta. I have same issue!

1 Like

Yes, there is some issue with the rollout in the Play Store. I will keep you updated here when it is finally available for all Beta users.

1 Like

Same here for me. 2.4.2 is the newest beta in play store.
Thx @MatthiasK for keeping us updated.

2 Likes

(also updated initial post)

UPDATE: Due to recent changes in the approval process for the Play Store we had to adopt our release plans for Android. This means that the App Beta 2.5.0 will not be available for you Beta testers for now.

It could also lead to a further (small) delay of the Beta test for the Android Widget as other features and priority bug fixes may have to be released first. Sorry to all who were already eager to test it, but you will get your chance soon. :slight_smile:

Is also a widget for opener planned? For both iOS and android?

Yes.

The existing iOS widgets already support the Opener.

The widget on my iPad only shows four buttons all related to the lock. How do I add one for the opener.
OK, found the relevant setting on opener on IPad.
What about on android.?

As you can read above in that topic the Android Widget public Beta has been delayed. You will fined the announcement here when it is finally available.

Now 2.5.0 beta is available in Play Store :slight_smile: Thank you @MatthiasK

Does not work on Samsung Note 10+. Log was send from the dialog on the mobile phone.

Galaxy S8 with Android 9 --> 2.5.0. Beta crashes always when starting. Even after deleting cache and memory and deinstall, same effect, crash at start. Not useable at all for me.

EDIT: after deinstalling AND REBOOTING the mobile, I CAN start the app.

1 Like

can you also creat a widget? Because when I delete cache and data I can open the app, but if I would create a widget it still crashes.

Hmm, no widget available at all…
I remember widgets WERE available with the beta when it crashed… So either widgets but App crashes or App opens but no widgets…

We still have some hickups with the rollout due to Googles changed approval process.
Everything should be back on track in the next days, but meanwhile it can happen that you’ll see different versions of 2.5.0 as Beta. If you got any problems with the widget best wait for version 2.5.1 to further test it.