Android widget does not have "Open" option

Hiya,
In the Android widget selector I can see 4 options available (Unlock, Lock, Open Door and Lock n go_ however when I set the widget on my screen the widget only has 3 options and the Open Door is missing.

Am I missing something?

thanks
Rob

I agree…
This is the “widget” preview…

But then the open door button is missing when the widget is added

1 Like

Hello.

Basically, the preview in the widget selector is hardcoded and shows the lets say ‘maximum possible widget’. The actual widget afterwards is then based on the device which is linked to the widget

e.g. a Smart Lock which has a knob set as door fitting has Open Door whereas a Smart Lock with a lever set in the door fitting setting does not have this option. An Opener on the other hand has again other options in the widget than a Smart Lock.

Hope that cleared the confusion about the current widgets.

Thanks for your reply Zoran.

I think the widget should be customizable so users can select which options to have displayed. I’ve seen some feature requests to have a 1 button widget and this should hit that use case as well.
I have a lift and lock handle, why would the Open button be available?
Cheers
Rob

1 Like

I think the widget should be customizable so users can select which options to have displayed. I’ve seen some feature requests to have a 1 button widget and this should hit that use case as well

That’s correct, there are feature requests and they can be upvoted and if there is a lot of interest in a particular topic we discuss those internally as well.
However, we do not comment about our roadmap here in the forum.

I have a lift and lock handle, why would the Open button be available?

The Open door button in the widget should currently only be available for a “Knob or bar” handle - at least that’s the case for me.

Sorry but I cannot understand the story about the preview and the “maximum possible widgets”…

The preview shows all options (4 buttons) in the same “space” (4×1)… but the “real widget” shows 3 buttons (one is missing, just the Open Door)…

There is “space” to show also the 4th button… why don’t show it??

1 Like

Basically, at the moment the widget preview is static and the real widget is dynamic based on the linked Nuki device.
That’s why the widget preview and the real widget (can) differ.

As mentioned previously, there are several feature requests regarding changes to the widget which can be upvoted and in case the demand is there, we need to discuss further steps internally.

Greetings
Zoran

First of all, thank you for your great work here!
Hello Zoran, has anything changed here?
Because the widget is unusable for me too. Of all things, the most important function on the screen (opening the door) is hidden when you place the widget on the screen. That is incomprehensible!
Is it possible to offer at least 4 widgets, each containing one function? Personally, “Open door” would be enough for me! The other functions are needed much less frequently. Is there perhaps a DEV kit with which I can program such a widget myself?
Greetings
Helmut

Hello Zoran, has anything changed here?

Hello,

there were no recent changes in regards of the Widgets.

Because the widget is unusable for me too. Of all things, the most important function on the screen (opening the door) is hidden when you place the widget on the screen. That is incomprehensible!

As mentioned before, the widget actions are based on the correct handle setting of the Smart Lock → in order to have the Open Door option in the widget, the handle setting must be configured as Knob/Bar - other than that there will not be an Open Door option available at the moment.

Is it possible to offer at least 4 widgets, each containing one function? Personally, “Open door” would be enough for me! The other functions are needed much less frequently. Is there perhaps a DEV kit with which I can program such a widget myself?

As mentioned before, there are various feature requests regarding widgets in the forum, please use those for upvoting them and the further steps will be handled internally.

Kind regards
Zoran

What do you mean by
“must be configured as Knob/Bar”
In the main application, the swipe function also works to open the door directly!

The setting for the door handle is meant by that. If this setting is set accordingly, then the widget will also display the open door function accordingly.
The swipe actions can be adjusted by themselves, so they are not an indicator for the mentioned setting.

In case something doesn’t work or is unclear, please contact our customer support, as this forum is meant for developer related questions and I’ve already provided all relevant information regarding the questions.

Kind regards
Zoran