Analog intercom with 2 wires compatibility?

Hello everyone,

I couldn’t get a proper feedback from Nuki support team but wanted to see by myself if I could connect my Intercom to the Opener so I ordered it!

For my Airbnb I need to give access people to the building at the corresponding entrance programmed hours.
I live in a French building from 1975 where all the intercoms are connected using analog signals. The exterior of the intercom looks like a Bitron Video AN 0002, but inside I only have a board with only 2 ports. There is +11V between the red wire and white wires.

There is 2 buttons: opening and speaking.
If I push the opening button, the 2 wires are short circuited and the door opens.
If I push the speaking button I can speak, but no short circuit.

I was thinkink about wiring the 2 grounds together to the (1) of the intercom, and to wire the RING and OPEN wires of the Opener to the (2) of the intercom:

Is there any risks to damage the Opener by doing this wiring installation?

Does the community may help me understand how the Opener works and how I can connect it to my intercom?

Thanks for your support.
Damien

Bonjour,

Je suis dans une situation similaire, avez-vous trouvé une solution ?

Bonjour Emmanuel,

Ce n’est pas propre, mais j’ai trouvé une solution pour mon problème.
Je me suis rendu compte que quand quelqu’un sonnait à n’importe quel interphone de la résidence, les 2 fils de mon intercom se mettaient en court-circuit, et donc Nuki captait que quelqu’un sonnait… mais pas chez moi ! Si quelqu’un sonne chez moi, le Nuki ne le verra pas, parce que les fils ne sont pas en CC, l’inter reçoit une tension de quelques volts…
Bref comme j’ai 2 appartements dans la résidence j’ai mis le Nuki chez moi et quand les locataires veulent rentrer j’active le Open to Ring et ca s’ouvre quand ils appellent le numéro de leur appartement. Par contre quelqu’un qui passe avant ou après, la porte s’ouvrira tant que le Open to Ring est actif…

Dear Nuki team,
I had no support from you, but feel free to get back to me if you want to take the time to enhance the compatibility of the nuki with 2 wires intercoms.

On fait comme on peut !
Merci pour votre réponse.

1 Like