Hi all,

After the last upgrade to 4.1.8 all my smart Locks 4 Pro are off line after a period off time, looks like after 1 day some time longer. Before the upgrade they stayed online, no issue’s seen.
I need to kill the power and after putting the battery pack, back it is working instantly.

• I have 4 locks and they have all the same behavior.
  • Only the blue tooth is working.
  • The locks are directly connected to my Asus mesh network.
  • I am using MQTT in Home Assistant.

Best regards,
Jacob

3 Likes

I have the same problem.

1 Like

Similarities here, with MQTT

I have exactly the Same Problem. Help dear Support!

1 Like

Update:
I still see more strange things happening.
I saw the last few days the Nuki app disconnected and not responding to the commands and the MQTT was still working. Later that day the app was responding, had access with the WIFI again and all was working fine. (I did not do anything)
Still the MQTT is most of the time sending the status to Home Assistant, but sometimes it is not responding to the commands.

Now I need to cut the power one time in 1 - 2 day’s, to get the MQTT up and running again.
I hope and expect that Nuki support is looking for the root course and building a fix for this, so it is reliable again.

If it is needed and if helpful I can try/do things, give info. to get this resolved.

Best regards,
Jacob

3 Likes

Not sure if I have the same problem.
On my first tries , mqtt was disconnecting after 10-12 hours.
Since I allow Nuki Web to allow locking (App User-Nuki Web-Allow locking), mqtt is running without disconnecting and when it disconnect it connect immediately.
Gues maybe it have something to do with Energy-saving mode? (mine runs on Automatic Scheme)

There is no technical connection between this two things.

Currently only the “medium” setting alters how strict the Smart Locks applies WiFi power saving mechanisms (which can have an impact on the quality of the MQTT connection too). The other modes do not change settings that could have an impact on the MQTT stability.

Hi,

Could you please confirm Nuki is working on the solution? I have the same issue and lots of automations in Home Assistant became non-usable.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,

I hope and think, they are working on it.

Jurgen asked me to become a firmware beta tester.
So, I became today a beta tester, so they get my logs for analysing the issue’s and find a root course.

Mabey, you can help to by install the beta firmware, so they can analyse the logs and have more data.

Best regards,
Jacob

1 Like

I had issues with Mqtt starting from last Monday 19 February …the Nuki didn’t receive the mqtt messages sent from Home Assistant or any other mqtt client.
Then on Saturday it worked again… without doing anything.
Then it seems that my wife’s app is not connecting when it’s outside the WiFi.
In this week 3 o 4 times the mqtt disconnected from Home Assistant… I had to go back to the Nuki App, on the mqtt integration and save it again… without changing any fields, and everything works again.

It seems is really unstable all the Nuki mqtt stuff after updating to 4.1.8 and what Nuki has done on 19 February… before everything was working perfectly.

As I want to install a new 4 Pro today: 4.1.8 is a stable release or beta? Just to be sure if I can update to the latest stable currently or should stick with the shipped version for the time being.

If I remember well… when you first install it, it updates to the last version automatically… but I’m not 100% sure

4.1.8 is the latest official version, and at my side less stable as the previous one
4.2 is the current beta version, I have this on 2 locks, to give Nuki the logs for analysing.
If you install a new look, I also think it will install the latest official version first.

1 Like

I have the same experience.

1 Like

SAME problem, even with Beta 4.2.0 :frowning:

1 Like

Same with the non pro version an 4.2 beta fw.

Matter and mqtt works but online stops working after some hours until batteries are pulled out.

1 Like

unfortunately I have same problem! the MQTT works only until batteries are pulled out :frowning:
I have the 4.2 beta firmware

Same here, and it’s quite a big issue. Any news or workaround?

I kept Nuki in the not working state and noticed in Home assistant it became unavailable for a while - like the wifi disconnected and reconnected after a few seconds. The lock became responsive through MQTT again. Not sure, but might be connected to DHCP IP adress assignment time-out and re-assign new IP. I tried to assign the IP to the lock MAC adress and testing now. I have no hopes, but will come back with the result.