Supported Smart Home Hubs

Great news indeed, time to upgrade …

This is great news Jürgen, thanks for letting us know. Can you describe for us the process to get to the first beta release? No timing obviously, just the steps. Thanks.

It’s part of the API documentation MQTT API Specification v1.0

Thanks. Sorry to read the beta is only for SL 3.0 Pro users. The majority of us “old customers” who pushed this a lot won’t be able to contribute to the development of MQTT integration.

1 Like

@Juergen are things still moving forward on this?

Sorry for the late answer. Was on vacation …

Yes, it’s coming. Very soon :laughing:

Here is a sneak peak:
Lock action via MQTT:

Unlock via button and opening and closing the door:

2 Likes

You should have vacations more often: it’s the first time ever you opened up about the timeline. :joy:

Hm …

Lot of IFs…Now you said “very soon”, that’s very different. :slight_smile:

Here we go … MQTT API is now available in beta

3 Likes

Great news Juergen! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I can’t test it because I use the SL2 with the Bridge.

Do you have any idea of when a beta for the bridge will be available? Did you start working on it? :slight_smile:

Great news. It seems my beta sign up did not survive the upgrade from SL2 to SL3. Just asked to join the beta program with my SL3 and hope to do some testing afterwards.

Quick question though, the documentation does not say anything about leaving debug mode. I assume this is possible after testing the MQTT feature?

If you turn off debug mode, the mqtt api will be disabled. i.e. the Smart Lock will disconnect from the MQTT server and not make any further connection attempts.

1 Like

About the Home Assistant auto-discovery: it would be perfect if it is implemented on the Nuki firmware.
And if all possible sensors are available, for example the door sensor and battery, even if IMHO the essential would be the lock of course :slight_smile: but also the door sensor.

2 Likes

Could someone please put the requirements for that together in a separate thread?

In the case it could be useful, for those who wish to contribute about Home Assistant auto-discovery a topic is opened:

I am new to the game and have a SLP3 since 8 days now.
Beta firmware with MQTT support was installed right away.
Connecting to my local broker took a little while because of the hardcoded credentials, but we made it finally.
The smartlock is integrated into openHAB with the native MQTT binding.
Everything works well so far, the lock does what is it supposed to do (most important: the auto unlock feature which works very well) and also sending and receiving commands through openHAB doesn’t make any issues.
openHAB commands to the lock have almost no delay, roundabout 200ms at most, but mostly a lot less.
Well done, Nuki and thanks!

1 Like

Another Home Assistant integration question. Is anyone already parsing the comma seperated list pusblished to the lockActionEvent topic? I dont really know how you can parse a comma seperated list within an automation in Home Assistant.

What exactly do you want to do or to which action do you want to realize what kind of reaction?

Use the auth_id of the user or the keypad code to know how or by whom the door was opened. And I just found out how to do it as well. This is a basic automation to split the payload of the lockActionEvent.

alias: "Nuki: parse lockActionEvent"
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: mqtt
    topic: nuki/xxxxxxx/lockActionEvent
condition: []
action:
  - service: notify.mobile
    data:
      title: Nuki lockActionEvent state
mode: single