Smart Lock Firmware 3.5.x Beta

I requested to get access to the MQTT section too.

Use-Case: 3.0 PRO to get integrated into Home Assistant. Without a bridge or the Nuki Hub (inofficial ESP32 based community project) as both are additional power consumers. Also using the Web-API is no option - everything should stay fully local and using the built-in WiFi sounds just perfect for this.

Reading through latest experiences, it seems like the Beta firmware still has some (major) issues like

• draining battery
  • increase of response times (auto unlock, KeyPad)

As Iā€™m new to the NUKI products and the dev community as well, I was just wondering how long it usually takes for beta firmware to become a stable firmware. (more precisely, likely based on the current issues in the beta firmware: when will MQTT support roughly reach stable status? This quarter? Until mid of 2023? ā€¦?)

This way I could make a decision if I temporarily

• either go the Nuki hub
  • or the Beta firmware path
    to integrate the lock into Home Assistant.

Wow, I never had such an fast or lets better say instant HTTP-API > Unlock speed :grinning:

My first post here :wave:

I am curently on 3.5.3 and tried to update to the latest FW 3.5.6. I was unable to do this as the FW transfer to the lock failed. Tried this 2x in the proximity of the lock.

Anyone else with such experience here?

BR

Hi,
Test to restart (pull battery) smartlock just before start update

I have upgraded my firmware to 3.5.6 and since this time the Nightmodus donā€™t work and even the time based open and close functions. Sometimes they work but most times not. At stable firmware I did not have this problems. I also put the lock to factory defaults.

Hi, I have upgrade to 3.5.7 one of my nukiā€™s. The nuki with the new firmware donā€™t connect to mqtt server. the nuki with 3.5.6 run fine. I tried serveral things, reboot all, Debug on/off and wifi on/off. Nothing helped. Is there something new on the 3.5.7 for mqtt?

1 Like

Same here, power cycling the lock and restarting the mqtt broker did not help.

1 Like

Same here, Iā€™m going to submit a ticket in the case it could help.
Edit: Done.

1 Like

Is your MQTT broker accessible using MDNS (mqtt.local) or DNS (mqtt)?
Just a try to find a common point in settings :slight_smile:

Of course.
Mqtt worked fine with 3.5.5 and 3.5.6.
After flashing to 3.5.7 it stopped working.
Nothing has changed since on the broker side.

Looks like my question was not formulated correctly :slight_smile: which method do you use to make your MQTT found by your smartlock? MDNS or DNS?
I used MDNS.

Same here :grinning:

3.5.7 contains elements of the final provisioning implementation. Maybe thatā€™s the reason. We will have a look at it on Monday.

2 Likes

Firmware auto update was not disabled
MQTT broken too.
Nightmare comes backā€¦

1 Like

If you are affected by MQTT connection problem, please turn off debug mode of the Smart Lock until there is a new update available.

1 Like

Same here

Would be nice to have release dates for the versions - easier to correlate behaviors with specific release

Please can you propose 3.5.6 as update or can you tag the old 3.5.6 as 3.5.8 if downgrade is impossible?
I cannot control my doors anymore and I cannot have an online quickview on their states, itā€™s critical.

3 Likes

We were able to reproduce and fix the problem. There will be a new release tomorrow (which also contains HA auto-discovery).

6 Likes

Good news! Which payloads will be used for HA auto-discoveries?
Because I am aware I proposed some updates after the timelineā€¦