Slow app connection and issues with opening door

Hello,

I’ve been using the Nuki Smart Lock Pro 4 for some weeks now, but my experience with it hasn’t been the greatest.

First, the app connection speed was working quite fast when initially setting up the lock. However, after I connected it via Matter to my Homey Pro the connection speed has become very slow. Sometimes I have to wait upwards of 1 minute before the app refreshes its data. On the other hand, controlling the lock via my Homey is lightning fast. Is there anything I can do to improve this?

Now the second issue is perhaps even more annoying: 9/10 times the lock fails to fully open the door latch. Since we have no handle on the outside (just a handle bar) it becomes very frustrating when I have to manually open the door anyway (which defeats the whole purpose of a smart lock). What is of note, is that when I first unlock the door and then open, it does work more reliably. It’s mostly going from the locked state straight to open door that it fails (it only has to turn perhaps a quarter further to open it fully). I tried recalibrating the lock many times to no avail. I’ve read similar stories on this forum as well. Any guidance on this?

1 Like

This forum is focused on developer related issues and is not a customer support forum.

Please contact our support via the Nuki App (Menu > Help > Contact Customer Support) for more detailed information.

Before you do so make sure to update to the latest firmware (released just last week) and potentially switch remote access for the Nuki App back to WIFI if it is currently running over Thread: Smart Lock WiFi/Thread/MQTT connection troubleshooting / FAQ - #3 by Stefan_Reiterer

Thanks, I’ll contact them.

Regarding the firmware update, I’m only seeing 4.2.8 as the latest (which is a couple of months old)?

Ah, yes. Sorry. That’s correct. 4.3.x has not been released yet. We’ve just started the latest beta cycle but a release is coming within the next week(s).

1 Like

That was quick: 4.3.10 is already available.

1 Like

Indeed! Is it normal for it to be disconnected from my Matter bridge (Homey Pro)? Seems like I need to set it up again using the Matter code (it switched to Wi-fi now).

I would not recommend to use matter right now with the locks, it was also totally unreliable on my side.

Also if you want to do a favor to yourself, include the lock into HomeKit, ha or something else and get rid of the usage of the app.

Door opening via the app takes 10 seconds for me cause it take ages to get the status (seems like it’ tries to connect to the web service), via HomeKit it opens nearly immediately.

It’s even worse with the opener. A couple of days ago their app was not working at all (for me and all of my friends), glad I had HomeKit cause BT is not available in front of an apartment building.

PS always take your keys with you and just use it to make life easier.

Hello @NameAlwaysInUse,

sorry to hear that you’ve had issues.

But, please bear in mind that if you encounter individual issues to contact our support directly as this is a developer forum.

Also, let’s not confuse the Opener here as it’s not related to Matter (as the Opener is not yet supported by the Matter standard).

Thanks & have a great day