Nuki Opener does not open door (BTS-850-02)

Today I also installed and tried to configure my new Opener with my Intercom BTS-850-02.
It took a couple of attempts plus a factory reset but finally I completed the configuration wizard successfully. The Ring to call feature is also not working for me.
Interestingly the cabling by my intercom is with two Black wires connected to the TA and one Red one to the TB.

However I followed the wiring instructions to the letter and connected the two black wires to the connector together with the yellow wire, the Opener black wire to the TB and the Red, orange, and green to the TA.

Anyone have any suggestions.

Do I understand it correctly, you have connected the Ta wires together with the yellow Nuki Opener wire into the same clamp connector? If I remember correctly in my instructions (I have the same Siedle), the Ta wire is alone in one clamp connector.

Edit: The more I think about as you have the same Siedle: Why did you connect red, orange, and green to Ta? In Ta is according to the instruction only orange and green.
The red cable in ERT is untouched.

Hi,

I have the same problem with my SIEDLE AIB-150-01. Did the wiring as specified in the app. During configuration the nuki opener seems to recognise if I press the door opener and ringing the bell. But I cant trigger the buzzer via the app and also the auto open via ringing the bell is not working. Nello One worked like a charm…

How can I PM @Juergen to get access to the latest firmware?

Regards,
Stefan

Just click his name hier in the thread and message him. But I guess the new firmware beta will not help. Didn’t help me. At the moment I’m in contact with the support. I’ve send them a protocol and last advise was to change the waiting time between ringing and opening the door from 0 to 3 seconds. Did not help and the communication via email and 1-2 days of response is not very efficient :frowning:

I also have a SIEDLE AIB-150-01 as i’m experiencing the same problem as you. It recognizes if i press the door opener and ringing the bell, but it cant trigger the buzzer via the app nor does it trigger the buzzer via ringing the bell. Also the nello worked like a charm so far.

Here is my wiring

I have some good news. After reading this manual (Howto connect the Nuki Opener to unknown intercom systems) I tried a minimal wiring like nello did. Which means I connected only two cables (red and black without using the clamp). I connected the red cable directly to Ta together with the cable that was already in there (BUS+) and removed the yellow and the green one. Left the black cable (BUS-) into Tb and now it works. As far as I understand it, with this setup it is not possible to use the doorbell suppression feature but at least the basic nello features are there!

Hope this helps others…

Hopefully the nuki team is fixing the bus communication so that we can use all features…

@StefanE What did you chose in the config as brand? Generic or Siedle and type?

I have just tried your connection (and selected Siedle BTS-850-02 in the config) without any success.

Also I have tried the Original NUKI setup with the clamp with wire-end ferrules (Aderendhülsen). Nothing, no door opening.

The pic is from your suggestion without clamp.image

My current setup is “Generic and Bus (Siedle)”
The setup process (wiring) was the same as when I choose Siedle and AIB 150 but maybe the communication is different…

And your nello wiring was like this?

Tried Generic/Siedle Bus (Beta), too. No success.

It is the same wiring like Nello. From Nelo there were also only two cable, one connected to Ta, the othe to Tb.

Don’t know what is wrong there. The app recognizes each ringing, but the app is not opening the door.

You are using the beta firmware? I am still with 1.1.10

Yeah, I got Beta 1.1.2. As I don’t have a glue how to downgrade I have sent the logs to Nuki.
Don’t know what else to do. With the wire-end ferrules it can be a cable contact issue any more (and the app would not recognize the door bells).

When you do a factory reset the opener automatically loads the beta?

The beta is a firmware. Fix installed on the chip. With a factory reset you can get back to the „shipping“ firmware. Only possible with a downgrade… maybe @Juergen can assign me the 1.1.10 back.

You can not downgrade. But this won’t make a difference either. From 1.1.10 to 1.2.0 Beta only a few defaults have been changed (e.g. doorbell suppression is deactivated per default).

Installing the Opener with Basic Setup worked for my Siedle AIB-150-01 as well.

Leave the Intercom connected as original and add the red Nuki wire to Ta and the black Nuki wire to Tb.

Update: Seems like the ring to open functionality just worked during the setup process. Only triggering the opener directly via the app is currently working… @lofy is it working in your case?

As i‘m currently at home I cannot trigger ring to open via geofence but I just activated ring to open manually via the app and it worked.

I haven’t yet tried the full automatic workflow including ring to open triggered via geofence and then ringing my bell yet. I‘ll do that the next couple of days when I’m leaving my geofence next :slight_smile:
I just came home and my app sent me the push notification that the opener is now in ring to open mode, unfortunately my wife manually triggered the buzzer via the app before i could ring my bell to test the full automatic workflow.

Will send an update once tested.

Hi Everyone.
I managed to get mine working eventually. I disconnected my opener and did a factory reset. Deleted it from my App. I then wired it exactly as instructed and went through the configuration. This time I saw the option in the App to enable Ring to open and it works.

I checked with my Multimeter and the two black wires are in fact the Bus+ and the red wire in Tb is the Bus-

2 Likes

Just received my opener, and I have the same problem as Matthias. Am on 1.2.7. Have not yet tried exchanging batteries, hard reset og the generic setup suggested by @StefanE.

My plan is to do the whole setup process with 1.2.7 again next week.

Anyway, I find it very disappointing, that the Nuki-Team is not giving us any information about their plan how they will fix these things or what they are currently doing. Bought the opener for 100 EUR and cant use it like promised.