Nuki AirBnB invite to complicated?

I have AirBnB setup together with Nuki so that guests receive instructions 3 days before check-in. Very good system, but the problem is that 50% don’t need the instructions fully and fail to enter the codes. I have 2 doors, the most common mistake is that people only enter one of the codes.

First of all, why do there need to be 2 codes when using together with AirBnB? When I invite someone manually I can give them access using 1 invite and 1 code.

This is the email Nuki sends out automatically:

Hello XXXX,

Your accommodation is equipped with a Nuki digital access system. This means that you will no longer need a key to enter your accommodation for the duration of your stay.

You can open and close both the door to your building as well as your apartment door using the free Nuki app. Simply follow these short instructions:

1. Download the Nuki Smart Lock app from the App Store.
  2. Activate Bluetooth on your smartphone.
  3. Open the Nuki app and click “Enter invitation code” in the menu.
  4. Enter this invitation code to open the door to your building via the Nuki app: XXXXXX (Front entrance door)
  5. The Smart Lock of your booked accommodation will now be displayed in the app.
  6. Click “Enter invitation code” again in the menu.
  7. Enter this invitation code to open your apartment door via the Nuki app: XXXX (Apartment door)
  8. Use the “Unlock” or “Lock” button in the app throughout your stay.

Does the email need to be this long? The picture is also confusing, some of my guests have been looking for the actual device where to place there phone on.

I know this might sound like a small issue, but I have AirBnB guests every day and having people to setup the app is very annoying and waste of time.

1 Like

Hi Jegor!

Regarding changing the Email:
feel free to add a feature request and start collecting votes for it

Regarding the invitation codes: if you add both devices to the same listing the same code is generated for both devices.

For further information please contact our support via the Nuki App (Menu > Help > Contact Customer Support) for more detailed information.

This forum is focused on developer related issues.

Alex

Hi Alexander,

what do you mean by adding both to the same listing? I believe it is already like that, as the guests are receiving two codes. I also checked my Nuki settings, it looks like both devices are added under one AirBnB listing.

Hi Jegor,

I am sorry, I was thinking of “keypad codes” and wrote “invitation codes”.

With one invitation code you can only add one device. So for each device there will be a separate invitation code.

Sorry for the confusion!