Lifespan of a Token

Hello,
I installed Nuki Opener + Bridge, 2 days ago.

I want to control my door via the API.

I generated a Token through the web interface and I am using the Swagger with no problem.
I drive the Nuki Opener via CURL commands from a Mac OS terminal without any problem.

On the other hand, according to §4.3 of the “Nuki Web API V1.3.0” documentation, Tokens are supposed to have an unlimited lifespan, as it is written:
“API tokens do not expire, but they are destroyed when the password of the corresponding Nuki Web account changes.”

However, I realize that after a few tens of minutes the Token seems to have expired and I then get the message “Your access token is not authorized”. Of course I never changed the password as explained in the doc.

And if I delete the Token and regenerate a Token, the CURL commands work again perfectly, then 1 hour later, identical error message => “Your access token is not authorized” !

Can you tell me how to fix this problem and get a Token that never expires or is “authorized” all the time.

Apart from that the product is great, maybe the mobile app which freezes a bit when you play too much with it and I also detected a bug with the “guests” which I will report in another post.

thank you,

Lionel

Hello, did you solve your problem. I’ve the same. But ALL my access tokens are “not authorized”.
Fresh ones same older ones.

Hi, seems similar to the issue I have with the Web API integration and Magenta Smart Home. Creating a new connection works smoothly but after 1 hour a message is raised saying that the Nuki service is not connected anymore. Starting the connection process again there is a message saying that the configuration is wrong. After the procedure has been finished, it works again fine - for about one hour.
Home Base, Magenta Smart Home app, Nuki (3.0 pro), Nuki App and iPhone do have the latest firmware / app version.
Since I have the Nuki only 2 weeks, I’m not 100% sure if it is an error in the Web API or if the new Magenta app is the root cause. New version installed on iPhone at 01.12. As far as I remember, I did not have this issue before. But looking at these posts, it sounds like this has something to do with the validity of the token.

Hi!

In general for API token handling there are manually tokens you can crate for testing. The standard token handling ist working with our refresh token system (see Nuki Developers for that).

I am not sure where you exactly test what with these results?

This really seems an issue with a token with this concrete integration. Did you already contact our support regarding that (as we may need more detailed information from you for further investigation)?

@MatthiasK No, I did not. I’m in contact with the Telekom team since the problem starts more or less at the same time the Telekom published a new app version. So I posted this issue also in the Telekom forum. Got one reply, that he has no issues with the v2.0. But I’m happy to go through this with someone from your support team.

Thanks for the update. I will also check with our contact there.

@Tli71 My contact at Magenta Smart Home sent me this advice for you:

So what the user can do is power-restart the gateway and check if the issue persists.

If this doesn’t help please also send your case to our support via the Nuki App (Menu > Help > Contact Customer Support) - including the Nuki Web account used to connect - so we can check the error logs on our side if we can find anything.

@MatthiasK Home Base restarted and web service connected - one hour later I got the info that the connection has been lost. Ticket has been created as suggested.

@MatthiasK Seems like the issue is solved. I found 2 items in the integrations area under ‘Integrations & Devices’ - deleted both and reconnected the SL in Magenta Smart Home. Now stable since more than 48 hours. If you have any idea, how this may happen, please let me, so I can avoid this in the future.
Would be nice to see this somewhere in the log - not only from support point of view - but that’s a different story.
Thanks, Tom