Auto-Lock when last user leaves the house/geofence

Sehe ich ganz genau so wie Fidan.
Andere System die sich als “smart home” bezeichnen schaffe das ja auch mit Leichtigkeit und wehren sich da nicht sinnlos dagegen.
Siehe Philips hue oder tado, etc.
Wo ein Wille da ein Weg!

Die 4 angeführten Kriterien sind ja wirklich lächerlich.

3 Likes

Guys, please stick to english and respect each other.
There are valid arguments in everyones points mentioned here.

You know that we (= Nuki) don’t comment about planned features or share our roadmaps here in the forum, so don’t expect an answer from us about timelines or similar. The only thing i can tell you is that we have plenty of experiences with geofences on mobile phones and that we won’t launch an easy to enable feature for everyone (= includes people that have little technical skills) that potentially leaves peoples homes with unlocked doors (which is not the same than leaving with a burning hue lamp).

2 Likes

Thx @Juergen. This is exactly the what I mean. The feature itself might be “easy” to implement, but from a product point of view of an automatic lock function, this have to be safe to use. Thats why I mentioned that a full smartphone system is better capable of doing this as this can take other states of other devices into consideration for locking when all people are detected as “left the house”, even those whiteout a smartphone. You don’t want to lock someone and you also don’t want to keep the door unlocked if nobody is home.

@Juergen @benzman81

I understand that if someone forget the phone at home but leaves the house and then the last one goes out and the door stays open, even though nobody is at home.

But that has to be clearly communicated in the house or you can simply switch off this auto-lock function in your case, if it its too dangerous. --> @benzman81

i know that the security has to be higher with a lock than a philips hue light, but then you would have to think twice about whether a physical key is better than a smart lock?

the real question was, why not take a position for this feature in the chat, because this feature was requested and nothing has happened for 2 years. you can just write briefly that it will not be implemented for security reasons.

I think you can implement this option and just have to confirm in the app that if the phone is left at home, the door will remain open. or you can activate auto-lock and implement another option (checkbox or something) where you can choose “leave open if somebody is still at home”.

Incidentally, the door stays open even now if I forget the phone at home and forget to lock the door. therefore your argument doesn’t make that much sense.

actually we always lock the door ourselves with the button, but if someone stays at home and someone has to get out, the lock always closes. with three people it can be annoying to always hear the LOUD nuki-smart-lock and to open it again unnecessarily because the smart-lock has closed it, even though someone is at home. and the auto-lock is activated just for security reasons, if somebody forget to lock the door.

in this case, the lock is not that smart…

4 Likes

We do not comment about future product updates or our roadmap here in the forum. This is a policy we can not and will not change (given the fact that all competitors and some journalists are following our Dev Board too :shushing_face:)

For those who cant wait, there is a possibility with iobroker for that.
One requirement is, that you have a Fritz!Box for wireless internet access.
There is a plugin that you can use for checking the presence (https://github.com/afuerhoff/ioBroker.fb-checkpresence). If no one is connected to the wifi the plugin will set the presence field to false, this field you can use in a script in iobroker which will lock the nuki with this plugin (https://github.com/Zefau/ioBroker.nuki-extended).

What would also an option if you connecting your smarthome system with an motion sensor to your iobroker, that residents with no smarthome could be detected.

1 Like

@JigSaw
I also used homekit but since the Nuki SmartLock is a “security” device it always asks if I want to run the automation which is just annoying. And people (me included) sometimes just forget to press the button for lock’n’go.
Or do you have a different solution with homekit without the reminder? I use the automation “when the last person leaves home”.

is there any chance to implement this “manually” or with an integration to another system? I mean could Nuki offer an API to turn on/off the auto-lock feature dynamically?

Yes, the function “Lock only after the last member of the household leaves.” would be a very welcome function for me.

This would be a nice feature. My Openhab home automation does know when we are home and when not. But I just (couple of minutes) ago disabled the Web API because the locks are draining to much. Within 2 weeks they are empty. So I’m testing if it’s because of the web API, but i’m affraid it is.

MQTT could be a sollution to this, but it’s still in Beta…

Any news on this? I face the exact same problems described and I absolutely need this. It is highly inconvenient that my door locks when there is still someone at home.

+1
i would also appreciate such a function