API does not respond on commands

Hello @Stephan,

after re-setting everything again and starting over and playing around with it half the night I figured that it has to be the fact, that the bridge is LAN-only.

Now with the newest beta-firmwares installed and reset, it works reliable since about 6 hours to call the API, when the bridge is connected to the internet. When it is LAN-only it stops working properly and gives me all the above headaches.

Could you please revisit the LAN-only behavior of the API and make sure the bridge can work reliable when not connected to the internet?

1 Like

This is a bug in the Android App which is fixed in the newest beta (going live soon).

Thanks for the work you put into testing. I will further investigate on our side and put up some testing scenarios. We have several users with a local offline-setup, but there definitly seems to be a problem related to the bridge showing an IP of 0.0.0.0.

1 Like

Thank you @Stephan,

please let me know when you have something ready for testing. I’ll be happy to try it out.

i know this is my third entry to this problem.

But i have exactly the same issue. I’m using the Software Android Bridge (my LAN is unifi too) …
it is not working without internet access.

1 Like

Did you find any workaround for the issue? Without any hint for an upcloming patch, i. e. a sane solution I was thinking of rate limiting the packets to the nuki servers or to try to introduce a fake local one. The last idea wouldn’t work if the certificate is pinned.

Patrick

no, it took me the last night to figure out why the sw bridge wasn‘t responding.

today i finished my first version for knx but if this bug will stay i‘m going to remove the bridge solution.

cloud isn‘t a solution for me!

Hello,

is that issue with not obtaining a local IP address properly finally solved and can the Bridge work LAN-only? I don’t want it to talk to the internet. I want my local server to talk to it and process all events. I have several bridges and locks in different places and I want to have them finally proper integrated in my “house management” solution, have rules triggered, etc. without that I need to give them access to the internet (which I don’t have in two places - yes, believe it or not, there’s houses that don’t have internet access and don’t need it :wink:).