API does not respond on commands

Hello @MatthiasK,

after re-setting everything again and starting over and playing around with it half the night I figured that it has to be the fact, that the bridge is LAN-only.

Now with the newest beta-firmwares installed and reset, it works reliable since about 6 hours to call the API, when the bridge is connected to the internet. When it is LAN-only it stops working properly and gives me all the above headaches.

Could you please revisit the LAN-only behavior of the API and make sure the bridge can work reliable when not connected to the internet?

1 Like

This is a bug in the Android App which is fixed in the newest beta (going live soon).

Thanks for the work you put into testing. I will further investigate on our side and put up some testing scenarios. We have several users with a local offline-setup, but there definitly seems to be a problem related to the bridge showing an IP of 0.0.0.0.

1 Like

Thank you @MatthiasK,

please let me know when you have something ready for testing. Iā€™ll be happy to try it out.

i know this is my third entry to this problem.

But i have exactly the same issue. Iā€™m using the Software Android Bridge (my LAN is unifi too) ā€¦
it is not working without internet access.

1 Like

Did you find any workaround for the issue? Without any hint for an upcloming patch, i. e. a sane solution I was thinking of rate limiting the packets to the nuki servers or to try to introduce a fake local one. The last idea wouldnā€™t work if the certificate is pinned.

Patrick

no, it took me the last night to figure out why the sw bridge wasnā€˜t responding.

today i finished my first version for knx but if this bug will stay iā€˜m going to remove the bridge solution.

cloud isnā€˜t a solution for me!

Hello,

is that issue with not obtaining a local IP address properly finally solved and can the Bridge work LAN-only? I donā€™t want it to talk to the internet. I want my local server to talk to it and process all events. I have several bridges and locks in different places and I want to have them finally proper integrated in my ā€œhouse managementā€ solution, have rules triggered, etc. without that I need to give them access to the internet (which I donā€™t have in two places - yes, believe it or not, thereā€™s houses that donā€™t have internet access and donā€™t need it :wink:).

Hi everyone,

I started using the Nuki Bridge HTTP API with firmware 2.14.0 to integrate a Nuki Smart Lock 3.0 Pro (firmware 3.5.12) in my home automation software Jeedom.

The cURL requests very often return the error ā€˜Recv failure: Connection reset by peerā€™ (as mentioned above by @bblattschuss) for following URLs:

How can I solve this issue?

Thank you for you help and kind regards,

Christian