Add user to bridge HTTP API notifications

Sounds good! :+1:t2:

+1 sounds great for me as well

Is there any estimate for this feature?

We are currently deciding for the smart lock solution for the whole house (several flats). Showing UID in the callback is crucial to disarm alarms, so definitely +1 on this request. Disarming alarm should be done on local level and should work even without internet connection, so web-api workaround is not proper solution.
Imo revealing uid of the last user is not security issue and could be accessible to non-admin users.

1 Like

I would like to call this “planned”, but as there is no ETA sheduled yet I am sorry I can’t give you any update on a timeline. :-/

I’ve upvoted this but I would like to see more granular information like the pin code used and invalid pin code notifications as this would allow for wider adoption and integration with existing platforms/apps. Linking posts:

1 Like

Really great suggestion @RBoy. Looking from a commercial point of view that should be very interesting for Nuki.

Now that we are linking stuff together. When the Bridge API gets an update I’d also like to see doorsensor data in the Bridge API.

https://developer.nuki.io/t/create-callback-for-door-sensor-status-in-bridge-api/1360/3

1 Like

It’s been a couple of months now. Is there anything to say about the status of this feature request?

This is pretty crucial stuff for integration in smart homes.

4 Likes

We are aware of this request, but we do not communicate our timelines, priorities and roadmaps in the public, so there have been no updates.

3 Likes

Would like to see the support for the user who changed the lockstate in the Bridge HTTP API too. This way @Phuturist can make his Homey app even better.

Hi everyone!

This feature would be very welcome!

I’m developing an integration/driver to use Nuki directly on my hub of choice: Hubitat Elevation (HE).

Since HE approach is local processing (whenever possible, of course), getting a POST directly from the Bridge itself (no web interface involved) about who locked/unlocked the lock would open a bunch of automation possibilities, e.g., start playing a playlist based on who opened the lock, send a notification about who get in/get out of the house, to command a camera to start recording when a delivery person uses the keypad code that I’ve provided specifically to unlock the door for the delivery and so on. As I said before, a bunch of possibilities!

I hope @MatthiasK that this feature gets into Nuki’s feature development queue soon - for a developer point of view it would be awesome!

Best for everyone!

1 Like

Here I’m again … hope Nuki releases this feature soon !

This feature would indeed be super useful, in particular when also knowing which Keypad user opened the door / or which pin.

Any news on timeline?

1 Like

No upates yet on this as we do not communicate our timelines, priorities and roadmaps in the public.

@MatthiasK could you at least let us know if this is actually still on the roadmap?

1 Like

Is there any chance getting the code used in the JSON or possibly programming the keypad through the bridge API’s? This opens up many possibilities for integrating the Nuki Keypad with various different home automation systems. There is a lack of good keypads in the EU region and this would be great!

1 Like

@MatthiasK could you elaborate on what “planned” really means? Are there actually actions being taking to get this feature request done or is it just sitting somewhere at the bottom of a long backlog?

1 Like

@Phuturist That was a somewhat awkward formulation on my part as we do not communicate our timelines, priorities and roadmaps in the public. So yes, we (still) see it as a valid feature request. But no, I can’t give you any more details about it.

I’m loosing faith in this feature request every getting resolved (and in Nuki in general but that’s a different topic). For now I want to see if I can use this work around. Is there anyone that has some working code available for what’s described above. My own programming skills are limited but with some working code I’m sure I can adopt it for my own situation.

The reason why I switched from z-wave DANALOCK locks was hardware quality and reliability, unfortunately there I could easily recognise in Homeassistant if the lock was opened by PIN from keypad or the lock was opened by zwave or manually. This was sufficient for my home automations which I miss so much right now. Please, if you could possibly speed this up, I would be grateful.